Kodak Weddings

strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
31 Jan 2006 12:55AM
Nice to hear of a success .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jay44 14 1.4k Wales
31 Jan 2006 2:06AM

Quote:Marketing, marketing, marketing!

I'm restructuring my whole business... am going digital so all packages etc are changing. I'm also developing my own website. I can't afford to pay for my existing one anymore.

So once I have everything up and running... marketing is where I will be!
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
31 Jan 2006 2:37AM
Jacqueline,
Can I also add that I have also noticed an increase in enquiries and bookings for weddings for this and next year (I've one already for 2008).
I also covered the UKs first civil partnerships as a press photographer and again would see this as a completely new stream to the business and again have had increased enquiries about this side as well.

Wedding photography isnt the main stream of my business but is an important one and I limit the amount of weddings I do. I think I have one spare slot this year and its only January!

Its all about advertising and marketing.

The Kodak thing is old news and its hardly surprising, there was no personal touch wit them and for many photographers it was a way of getting into the business. Of course accompanied with that was either a level of mistakes or the photographer not reaching the level of expectation portrayed by the advertising blurb. Thats the difference with the personal touch, you are booked because of how _you_ do things.
peterjones 18 5.0k 1 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2006 3:58AM
I echo very much the above posts, I have noticed a sharp increase in both enquiries and bookings since Elegante's demise; it seems as though they are refunding deposits placed for wedding bookings in 2006 as well as 2007 going by recent bookings.

KW did have one very big and successful selling point that was appreciated by clients and that was that the wedding would be covered even if the assigned photographer was ill or unable to attend.I reckon there will be an increase in the volume of that particular question!

I think there is no doubt that the SWPP seems to be the leading organisation in most ways for the wedding and portrait pro. I see that they are actively encouraging members to gain a qualification; I was at a recent seminar with many other pros, Phil and Juliet of the SWPP had a table groaning with books, publications, programs, seminar details etc etc. A representative in attendance .of one of the other organisations hadn't even brought any info at all.

Best of luck Jackie, I hope things improve rapidly for you soon.

Rgds. Peter

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.