Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

L bracket

Ray12 Plus
5 133 1 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2017 5:38PM
Hi all.
Does any one know where I might be able to buy or get a "L" bracket made for a Sony Alpha 77 / 77mk2?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Philh04 Plus
12 1.4k United Kingdom
7 Sep 2017 6:19PM
I don't think you can get an L bracket specifically for your camera, I am a big fan of ProMedia Gear and they do a couple of universal brackets... the big advantage is that the side mount can be removed or extended from the body, other than that you can look at the Kirk L brackets on WEX or you can look on Amazon, I am not a fan of the 'cheap' versions on Amazon after trying one and finding the fit wasn't the best.

https://www.topteks.com/product-category/promedia-gear-tripods/brackets/l-brackets-universal/

HTH
JJGEE Plus
13 7.1k 18 England
7 Sep 2017 6:56PM
Take a look at the

Arca Swiss L-Bracket or Arca Swiss Mini L-Bracket
pink Plus
14 5.0k 7 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2017 8:46PM
3 legged thing have a new multi fit model out, it has a useful threaded hole for attaching other accessories like magic arms etc, looks quite good, costs about 50 so not cheap.
Speed Graphic do one by Novoflex which I found to be good quality and universal.
I find the cheap Arca Swiss mount ones on Amazon work perfectly well.
redsnappa Plus
15 2.0k United Kingdom
10 Sep 2017 8:18AM

Quote:I find the cheap Arca Swiss mount ones on Amazon work perfectly well.
I cannot see the difference between my 5.99 one from Ebay China and a Kirk one which a pal of mine bought for stupid amount of money. we even weighed them and they were exactly the same weight.
My bet is they all come out of the same factory in China. The more enterprising companies print a British sounding same on some of these Chinese products and sell them for rip off prices.
StrayCat Plus
13 19.0k 3 Canada
11 Sep 2017 3:13AM
But would you go on a group photo shoot with one?Wink After all, appearance is everything.Smile
11 Sep 2017 8:02PM

Quote:But would you go on a group photo shoot with one? After all, appearance is everything.

Spray paint it khaki and claim it's a military superior spec item, made from Titanium and rare weapon grade alloy, from a maker you're not allowed to divulge...Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.