Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ticket discount with EZPTPS18 for The Photography Show 2018

LA Studio in Leeds

thebigyin Plus
12 84 6 United Kingdom
2 Oct 2009 1:52AM
Does anyone use (or have used) LA Studio in Leeds?

Just looked at the website and there is a message saying

Thats All Folks!!!!!!

Thanks and Goodbye.

I was a regular on and off for a number of years, and I did not know Alan was finishing, although I cannot say I'm surprised.

Anyone know of the history?

Alister

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Nov 2009 10:47AM
Alister

I have also used his studio and was just starting to establish my photograpghy as a new venture and was going to get in touch with him myself

Like you I also go the 'Thats all folks'

If you manage to find anything out can you let me know...like wise from me to you ?

Kind regards

Andy Woolley
I used to model at LA studios about 13 or 14 years ago. Loved the place! Alan who ran it was a really lovely man, so helpful. Hope he is ok. An news very much appreciated.
11 Nov 2009 11:38AM
anyone any news on this??
thebigyin Plus
12 84 6 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2009 4:39PM
Yes, I texted Alan not long after posting this and apparently his lease had expired and was unable to find any suitable premises. There was no mention of any other problems.

shame I will really miss going there..

Alister
Pete Plus
16 18.8k 97 England
11 Nov 2009 4:51PM
You'll have to visit epz's home town Alister. Worksop Studios is alive and kicking.
Oh what a shame. I loved that place. Had some really good times, really friendly and relaxed. Thanks for the info.x
I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...

L
It was a number of years ago i shot at LA Studios but one that had always stuck in my mind. Real shame that it has gone. If i remember right it had a dungeon style set.... Are there any other studios in Leeds or the surrounding area that have something similar?
hi ExGlamModel

'I used to model there under the name 'Lara' - I wonder if any of you guys remember or even sessioned???

Just a thought...''

I did several shoots with various models over the years and will sadly miss it.
but i do think i did some shots of a 'laura'

hope you are keeping well

and best wishes to alan.. shame it stopped.. it was a lovely atmosphere

angus
Hi guys,

I was surfing the net, trying to find Allan or Lottie. I'm really upset that Allan has closed the studio. My dad spent at least 2 nights a week there from when I was about 17, I'm 40 this year!!

You may remember my dad, Philip Innes?? If any of you have any contact details for Allan or Lottie I would really appreciate it. I know Lottie moved to Barnsley but I haven't seen either of them since my dad died in 2006.

Thanks in advance.

Rowena
Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.