Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Lambourgini race morning

25 Feb 2013 9:39PM
Hi guys. Completely out of my comfort zone and its gonna move faster than my animals!!!!!
My best mate has booked herself a morning in a lambo going round silverstone i think. Any tips anyone can give me please as i'm definately in unknown waters Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 7 7.1k 249 England
25 Feb 2013 9:44PM
. . . does this help?

There must be plenty of information re. shooting racing/fast cars on the net Kathryn.

It's not something I've gone in for in recent years. All my motor racing shots were done using film at motorcycle GPs and well before that as a drag racer.
mike5537 2 15 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 9:53PM
I've been to Silverstone on a race day. It depends on where the stewards allow you to stand, most places are behind 10ft high wire fencing which won't help your shots. If however you can get a press pass from the press office you have free reign. I got one on a bentley drivers day and I was in the pit lane, and got great locations beyond the armco barriers. Call the press office (number on the Silverstone website) and explain what you want to do. All I had to do was pay 10 deposit for the bib, then you just walk to the edge of the track and the stewards will open the gates and let you in, they were all really friendly when I did it. There is a good spot at the end of the main straight where they come right at you then spear left, good for some panning shots.

As for the pics themselves pick where you want the first pic to be taken and focus on that point then wait for the car to enter your view then just fire off AMAP pics as you track the car across your field of view. I have hundreds of shots using this technique some better than others, just leave somewhere in the frame for the car to go into.

Hope that helps!
25 Feb 2013 9:56PM
Cheers guys, will let you know how it goes Blush
pablophotographer 4 536 221
25 Feb 2013 11:54PM

Quote:Cheers guys, will let you know how it goes Blush
best of luck, please upload some photos here afterwards Smile
Simonp2013 2 15
26 Feb 2013 6:53PM
I'd also be interested in hearing how you go and tips or tricks you can share.
27 Feb 2013 6:54PM

Not quite silverstone bless her as she thought but she still had a blast. It was a small track in Stafford with a choice of Aston Martin, Lambo, Evo and a couple of others i don't remember. Weather was dull as it could get and darn cold. Give me animals anyday! Blush

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.