Laowa 60mm f/2.8 Macro 2:1 Lens (CANON)

craggwildlifephotography Junior Member 11 137 1 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2015 2:52PM

Laowa 60mm f/2.8 Macro 2:1 Lens (CANON
)

Your views required on the above..

I am seriously considering purchasing the above lens , has anybody got any comments for or against this lens..

I have read the product info .

just wondering how many of you have used this lens and your thoughts.

David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
19 Nov 2015 3:53PM
If the quality is as good as my Laowa 15mm 1:1 wide macro then it will be great, the only reason I didn't buy it is simply that I already own the MP-E65 from Canon... Paul Iddon uses this lens to good effect if you search the galleries

Phil
19 Nov 2015 4:26PM
19 Nov 2015 9:35PM
Following that..I frequently use a Nikon 105mm macro lens, which does fine, but gotta admit, this one is awful tempting for 2:1 at a reasonable price...!
20 Nov 2015 12:24PM
I have had one of these lenses for about nine months and find it an excellent lens. There is no communication with the camera however, but with macro work its mostly manual anyway. The close up detail is amazing. Not being a Canon user, I use it on my Pentax K5 and if you have a look at my portfolio there are one or two macro shots there I have taken with it. I have had two shots taken with this lens shortlisted for Outdoor Photographer of the Year. Hope this is useful.
Best wishes
Ian
20 Nov 2015 12:34PM
Hi David. Here is a link to one of my macro shots which was focus-stacked. I think there are a good few more there. Probably the ones with missing bits of exif data as I mentioned above, everything is done manually.
Just to add, the lens is nice and solid and feels good to handle.
https://www.ephotozine.com/user/iangilmour-261577/gallery/photo/viola-seeds-44251841

Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.