Lapland, New Forest

Overread 11 4.1k 19 England
6 Dec 2008 3:56PM
yah but we don't tend to spend 40000 first Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

churchill123 15 233 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2008 9:48PM
Liked what Macroman said, I mean what is wrong with taking the kids to see your local father christmas, usually all run by a charity. The kids love it just as much and no need to spend a fortune on tickets for all the family.

Linda
Fishnet 15 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2008 11:30PM
Our local Lions club had a little grotto in town last weekend, just a simple canvas tent with fairy lights in and sacks of pressies and a Father Christmas in the corner, we paid 2 (which went to charity) and Poppy went in all excited and froze to the spot, completely overwhelmed by the whole thing, to me it was a tent with a bloke in a cheap costume, to Poppy it was the real deal, she became completely dumbstruck bless her.

I had to shove her towards him and he picked her up and sat her on his lap, asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she managed to mumble "Puppy" he then gave her a fabulous very good quality genuine Disney Pooh Bear, not a cheap copy and I could take my own photos!!!!!!

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be able to go a good old fashioned grotto where Father Christmas is ALLOWED to put the kids on his lap and you can take your own photo .

Being a very cynical person I take those Lapland New Forest places with a huge pinch of salt and wouldn't go to one if I was paid let alone paid them, sorry it turned out crap for you and the poor kids, definitely take up the Alton Towers offer, that is great of them!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.