Check out the new X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 and be in with a chance of winning one!

Large Shoulder Bag Needed

chensuriashi Plus
12 303 18 England
10 Feb 2019 10:07AM
Hi, all I am having a lot of trouble finding the right sized shoulder bag for my D4+ 70/200 with the Extender behind it. If I had a bag big enough to work from things would be so much easier but just can't seem to find one wide enough to be comfortable and long enough for the lens, could also take small flask and butties too if I find the large bag I am looking for, any ideas anyone or anyone like to part with one if they have downsized to M4/3 perhaps?? Chen.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 14 14.7k United Kingdom
10 Feb 2019 11:06AM
Why not carry the lens and body separate? Either with a body cap on the D4 or a 50mm or short zoom fitted?
chensuriashi Plus
12 303 18 England
10 Feb 2019 1:44PM
I like to carry two cameras one around my neck and the other in the bag so instead of changing lenses I change cameras. Wink
Ross_D Plus
5 819 1 United Kingdom
10 Feb 2019 3:16PM
Long time since I carried that much gear but when I did I used a Billingham bag . It comfortably swallowed a Canon 5D2, 70-200, and a couple of other lenses, filters and accessories with space to spare (thanks to the external pouches !) . If you go to the WEX site and check out shoulder bags there is plenty of info regarding capacity for a huge range of bags/makers (usually accompanied with photos of the bag filled with gear ).
chensuriashi Plus
12 303 18 England
10 Feb 2019 3:34PM
Thanks, Ross I just found a Manfrotto Reporter bag on Ebay for £50 in good condition so half price lets hope it will be the one I need, looks OK on the Manfrotto website pleased to find one that has not been used all that much. Chen.
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
11 Feb 2019 8:28AM
I got a Manfrotto Messenger bag for a trip last year, great at carrying a few cameras around for a few hours. And it looked smart.
I've ended up with more bags than lenses, as I always seem to need a better way of carrying them around.

What I do like stated about the new mirrorless FF bodies is that the bodies and some of the lenses are smaller.
13 Feb 2019 7:49PM

Quote:I've ended up with more bags than lenses

Phew....not just me then...Blush

From backpacks to shoulder bags, which I now prefer....don’t shout “valuable camera gear inside”

Currently using a bag from “Think Tank” swallows an incredible amount of gear, with no outside labelling, and sensible outside pockets that actually hold “stuff”...

Also have a baby copy of the same, for carting a mirrorless - APSC - Sony A600 and bits...age is getting to me shoulders now..! Tongue
2 Mar 2019 4:57PM
I wonder if you can still find the Lowepro 650 Stealth 2nd hand on eBay?

It was designed to hold an early 2000s 14" laptop, 70 to 200 f2.8, big digital boy with grip, mid range zoom, flash and 2 smaller lenses and plenty of space for notebooks, pens, cables, cards etc.

Think you can still get it for £99.

I've been using one with a Street and Field belt for 17 years. The waist belt really helps. I've got a bad back from carrying 2 bodies with long lenses round my neck for 6 hours last weekend. I usually drop one body in the middle slot.

It was designed with photojournalism in mind with the 16 to 35, 24 to 70 and 70 to 200 set. I've managed to put a Sima 120 to 300 f2.8 in with hood reversed

https://youtu.be/kSkk2hIOWfc
2 Mar 2019 4:58PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.