Latest book programmes?

Colin Smale 17 500 England
14 Jul 2020 3:09PM
I'm getting a little disappointed with Blurb books. So many tools are missing, e.g. a simple task, fill a text box with a different colour to the page colour etc etc.
There must be some more, decent book programmes out there that someone uses?

What do you recommend?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbo Plus
9 1.6k 3 England
15 Jul 2020 8:59AM
If you use an iPad or iPad Pro.... try the....BOOK-CREATOR ...app... it is used extensively in schools, including juniors.....

It is simple, slick and has all the tools you might require...

Iím not sure about itís availability on a WINDOWS 10 or other computer though....

Look it up, then se what happens.... I canít fault it.

Let me know if you try it.

Hobbo
15 Jul 2020 9:22AM
Looks like it only does digital books Hobbo. I want to create a 200 page hard copy book.
hobbo Plus
9 1.6k 3 England
15 Jul 2020 10:49AM

Quote:Looks like it only does digital books Hobbo. I want to create a 200 page hard copy book.

That is no problem.... you just save the whole book as a PDF ... editable or not.... then send that PDF to a printing company.

I have a great working relationship with.... BOOKPRINTINGUK .... they have a great web site.... they print, exactly what you want... in hard or softback... colour, mono or mixed... on selected papers/cards.

They do not edit.... that is up to you... after they receive your self edited PDF... they give you a price, from one copy to the number you choose....

A week later you receive a ...PRINTERS PROOF.... copy.... ok that.... and away you go...

Paperbacks a 7 -10 day turn around.... hardbacks within a month or less.

Hobbo
shagnasty 13 56
15 Jul 2020 10:56AM
Colin, You could have a look at PhotoBox Photobox
They encourage you to buy by suggestions of discounts, that then give a time period for the work to be completed. As a result you get rushed (or encouraged) to get the job done. But look carefully at the pricing as a 200 page book could be horribly expensive.
Their quality is very good though.
Otherwise you could use the book module in Lightroom which puts the creation timeframe under your control, then instead of outputting to Blurb which is the default option, select PDF. Then you have a output file that can be handled by a printer of your choice. But to be safe, check out with them well in advance as to whether they can process such an output and what their charges would be.
Good luck
Pat
15 Jul 2020 11:39AM
ITMA! (How many will recognise that Pat?)
I think I will go with Lightroom. I did have a look at it and don't know why I didn't carry on with it! Didn't realise had to save as PDF for LR but no problem.
Hope yer well.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.