Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!

Latest Photoshop CC update has problems with camera RAW plugin

RoyBoy 14 303 2 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2018 8:43AM
Earlier this week I got a notification that an update was available for LightRoom and PhotoShop CC and auctioned accordingly.
Having done this I found out that if you run the camera RAW plugin within PhotoShop by using the Cntl+Shift+A keys a message appears telling you that the installed version of RAW plugin is not compatible with this version of PhotoShop. I got the same problem on both my main desktop PC and on my laptop after doing the update.
A website search reveals that this has been recognised as a wide spread version and that Adobe are working on the problem. I understand that the latest RAW update 10.2 installed as part of the PhotoShop update doesnít work properly....not very impressed that Adobe should release what appears to be a product that hasnít been properly tested.
Anyway the solution is to roll back to the previous version of Camefa RAW as per this link https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-not-compatible-this-version-photoshop.html

Done this and problem fixed. I assume the next updates from Adobe will automatically fix the problem....I hope!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
15 Feb 2018 10:17AM
Mine works OK - no problems at all. I believe I also had an update for ACR so perhaps they have already fixed it. I only had my notification yesterday.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
15 Feb 2018 10:28AM
Same as Tianahi, mine works after the update.
RoyBoy 14 303 2 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2018 12:11PM
Well thatís good to hear. As you say maybe Adobe has now addressed the problem.
Lesson learnt........I wonít be so quick to update in the future.
banehawi Plus
14 2.0k 4003 Canada
15 Feb 2018 12:17PM
No issue. You can also right click the image and select open in camera raw.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
15 Feb 2018 12:36PM

Quote:No issue. You can also right click the image and select open in camera raw.

I have never used the shortcut keys Roy uses. I always open images via Bridge, and they open automatically in AWR if they are raw. From there I open a copy in PS after doing whatever needs doing in AWR.
DerekL 14 203 24 England
15 Feb 2018 5:50PM

Quote:
Quote:No issue. You can also right click the image and select open in camera raw.

I have never used the shortcut keys Roy uses. I always open images via Bridge, and they open automatically in AWR if they are raw. From there I open a copy in PS after doing whatever needs doing in AWR.

I updated mine as soon as the notification came through and have had no problems.

Saltireblue - The Shift+CTRL+A command is for opening the Camera RAW filter from a JPG image in Photoshop, not opening from Bridge.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
15 Feb 2018 6:04PM

Quote:Saltireblue - The Shift+CTRL+A command is for opening the Camera RAW filter from a JPG image in Photoshop, not opening from Bridge.

Ah, OK...when I need to do that I go to the Filter menu and click on Camera Raw Filter...not a great fan of these so-called shortcuts that need more than 2 keys...can never remember all three!
15 Feb 2018 6:42PM

You can download and print the shortcuts from the web and sit it by your keyboard

Dave_Canon 12 1.5k United Kingdom
16 Feb 2018 9:52AM
I am still not sure about what the problem is and whether it might affect me though I think my Adobe software is up-to-date. When I edit a Raw file, I would do so in Lightroom and thus never use Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop. So I am not sure why anyone is using ADC in PS, if they have Lightroom?

Dave
Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
16 Feb 2018 10:43AM
I don't think there is a problem anymore Dave so I shouldn't worry about it. Roy seems to have been the only one that experienced any difficulties. As for why folk use Photoshop- I think that it is a case of preference of the interface. I have worked with Photoshop for many years and have got very used to that way of working so I always use Photoshop - actually find Lightroom quite difficult. But then I like to do more in the way of processing and the use of layers gives me the opportunity to change blending modes, transparency, vignettes etc on different layers.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.3k 35 Norway
16 Feb 2018 2:26PM

Quote:I have worked with Photoshop for many years and have got very used to that way of working so I always use Photoshop - actually find Lightroom quite difficult.

Same here!
banehawi Plus
14 2.0k 4003 Canada
16 Feb 2018 3:36PM
Lightroom is not intuitive when you have been used to PS. You really need to go through some tutorials to get the hang of it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.