Launch of Official Paint Shop Pro Magazine

raziel_uk 15 4.9k
7 Sep 2004 8:13AM
I see your point, tepot, but I do like the feeling that you know the tutorial is going to work from a magazine. But, of course, there are many good sites that offer tutorials (this one for instance).

Ashley

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stuwhitt 15 1.4k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2004 2:32PM
Hi Ashley,

Congratulations on choosing PSP, it is superb software and is more than a match for Photoshop. However PSP has tools that may have the same name as those in Photoshop, but they work in a totally different way, the selection tools being prime examples. The Official Paint Shop Pro Library may be more expensive than many other magazines but in my humble opinion offers the best value for money, as regards learning PSP. PSP is a complex piece of software and you can quickly become disfranchised when trying methods that have being designed for PS, which when applied in PSP either don't work or you end up with disappointing results. I know I've been there, but thanks to the tutorials in the Paint Shop Pro Library, I am now achieving results that I thought I would never achieve.

Cheers Stu
Jenni 15 1
7 Oct 2004 9:26AM
Hi Dave,

Love the magazine but I've mislaid issue 4 toolkit cd.

Is it possible to obtain a replacement?

Jenni
PaulBuk 15 1
14 Oct 2004 5:08AM
Hi, im new to the digital editing thing. Have found the PSP magazine a great help. I've managed to get all except issue 2 from my local BP (safeways) garage.Thumbs up from me. Keep up the good work.
raziel_uk 15 4.9k
20 Oct 2004 2:17PM
Is it me or has the magazine suddenly stopped?

I bowed to the popular pressure in this thread and bought a copy of the 5th issue about layers back on the 6th September in Brighton.

Just come back from Brighton today and all the shops that stock the magazine seem to still have issue 5 on the shelves.

Ashley
debster 15 693 3 England
20 Oct 2004 2:25PM
Hi, am down on the South Coast and it's still Issue 5 here. My daughter has a Saturday job at WHS and she doesn't have a firm date yet for the next issue. If anyone knows any different would love to know.....
raziel_uk 15 4.9k
21 Oct 2004 9:19AM
I have to be honest and say that even after buying an issue I wasn't that happy with it.

I've found that PSP's own manual is actually very readable and gives me a lot of the advice/guidence/help I need.

Ashley
raziel_uk 15 4.9k
21 Oct 2004 10:16AM
Having looked at the publishers website (see very first post) it seems that Issue 6 will be delayed until December and a new publisher is going to take it over to "help it grow", apparently.

I fear this delay is going to sound the death knell, as often when a magazine is delayed for such a period of time those regular readers (and subscribers) will feel let down and go to another magazine. Also all the time it's off the shelves there can't be any new subscribers.

So fans of this magazine if you do want it to continue I would suggest you write to the current and new publishers (all details on Cranberry's site).

Ashley
raziel_uk 15 4.9k
5 Jan 2006 6:22AM
Whatever happened to this magazine?

Did it relaunch under the new owners - I've never seen it since.

Ashley
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
5 Jan 2006 6:31AM
I saw an issue in WH Smiths about a year ago if I remember correctly.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.