Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Learned my lesson

doczoc 18 773
10 Sep 2006 10:01AM
After years of happy Ebay use, I've just recieved a couple of dud used lenses, moreover their from the US...

After P&P (both ways) and import tax I'm looking at a bill of nigh on 100 just to get a couple of 'bargains'.

Drat, ah well! Actually thinking about it, thats only two nights out on the razz. Still, it's going to be only new Nikkors for me from now on, UK suppliers of course!
Doclassie 16 1.1k England
10 Sep 2006 10:19AM
The problem I have with eBay is when I buy a lemon, I'm too honest to sell it on without listing its faults..... therefore you never get your money back. Moraly better off though eh? ;o)

Put em back on ebay fella. Some one will pick them up even if they're duds.
doczoc 18 773
10 Sep 2006 10:39AM
I'm sending them back for a refund...thanks, even though I'll be 100 out of pocket, I'll be more out of pocket if I try and sell them (honestly) on Ebay!
ahollowa 17 1.1k England
10 Sep 2006 10:43AM
If you can prove you sent them back I wonder If you could reclaim the import tax?

cheers

Al.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
10 Sep 2006 10:50AM
You should be able to.
Debbiee 15 136 6 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2006 11:06AM
If this person sold you dud lenses without specifyinbg they where dud then surely he/she should also refund the postage costs. Its a lot of money for nothing
doczoc 18 773
10 Sep 2006 3:18PM
It is a lot of money Deb, and I'll try, but when you return a mail order item in this country you don't get your P&P back, so think I'm gonna have to swallow it. Over the years I've saved a tonne from using Ebay, so in the greater scheme of things as annoying as it is, I can live with it.

Thanks for the heads up about tax too, I'll try that one!
duncan clarke 17 350 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2006 2:34PM

Quote:when you return a mail order item in this country you don't get your P&P back

You should if the goods are faulty or misrepresented. You only pay the P&P if you change your mind and no longer want the item.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.