Learning with Ephotozine

peter shilton 15 1.1k England
9 Aug 2007 1:32PM
No, the moral of the tale is

"cut up your credit card, don't believe better equipment will give you a better picture. More expensive lenses aren't worth it"

That's what my therapist is telling me anyway.

However, it' too late for me, I've already been sucked in!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Aug 2007 1:33PM
nah like fishings rods ,you cant have too many pro lenses, and yes better gear often does mean better pictures, doesnt matter what those green eyed beginners say!!
NathanS 15 88 England
10 Aug 2007 3:05PM

Quote:So perhaps the moral of the tale is, perhaps get involved get yourself known and play an active role within the site.

I think you are right the more active someone is on EpZ the more they get out of it. And I would love to be able to be more active on EpZ, unfortately I do not have the time.

Though my realisation that I need to work to improve my photography was not because to the number of views or the number of votes, it was because of the ratio of votes / views. I feel thats a reasonable indication of how other photographers view your work.

I hope no one reading my orignal posting thought that I was just fishing for more votes. My aim on being on EpZ is not really to get as many views or votes as possilble, it's really to learn and and intereact with other photographers.
MrsS 13 4.5k 18 England
10 Aug 2007 6:09PM
Welcome Arthur! I have to agree about 'getting involved' - - it is most definitely the way to get help with your work.
Surprisingly enough, although I joined EPZ almost a year ago, I only really began to take shots in March of this year. I can already hear people saying - "WHAT!!! She's only been active for 5 months!!! Feel's like SOOO MUCH longer" Smile
What HAS happened, tho' is that people know who I am, have commented honestly on my shots and I think I've got better. Others may disagree - - and SOME others may even wish I'd go away!! LOL Wink

Most of all Arthur, enjoy EPZ and enjoy your photography - I know I do Smile

Cheers!

Fran x
Art2105 12 26 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 7:15PM
Thanks Fran for your welcome. I will enjoy this site I know it. I'm now desperate to get myself an additional camera but what a massive choice there is, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta as you know the list goes on.
kind regards Art
digicammad 16 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2007 7:33PM
So are you joining the junior gallery then Arthur? Smile

Welcome aboard the good ship epz.

Ian
MrsS 13 4.5k 18 England
10 Aug 2007 9:42PM

Quote:So are you joining the junior gallery then Arthur?

PLEASE don't encourage people to do that Ian LOL - - Unless of course they ARE under 16 Smile
Just Jas 18 26.3k 1 England
10 Aug 2007 11:34PM

Quote:Unless of course they ARE under 16

I thought Ian was! LOL!
MrsS 13 4.5k 18 England
10 Aug 2007 11:35PM
Not in biological age, Jas Wink
digicammad 16 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2007 9:02AM
Why thank you Jas and Fran, I take that as a compliment. Tongue
11 Aug 2007 12:25PM
The compliment is well seasoned! LOL!
11 Aug 2007 12:26PM
And welcome, Arthur! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.