Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Lee Big Stopper ?

rogerdoger 9 18
22 Feb 2015 5:48PM
Hi Everyone,
I bought a Lee Big Stopper some while ago and only just got around to using it a few days ago. All the images came out with quite a pronounced `blue` colour cast . Anyone know what I am doing wrong ?
Regards Roger Hance
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2015 6:08PM
Big-stoppers are known to have a cool colour cast. That said, this could be made more obvious depending on the conditions of your shoot, and the camera settings used. E.g. what is your WB set to? Are you shooting in RAW: if so WB is easily adjusted in post-processing.
rogerdoger 9 18
22 Feb 2015 6:36PM
WB is set to AWB. Shooting in daylight ,mid afternoon so should be O.K. I am shooting in raw so can adjust it, but just wondered if there was something wrong with the filter to give the blue cast. I was under the impression that Lee BS were supposed to be fairly neutral, -that's why I thought they were so expensive.
Regards Roger
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2015 6:49PM
Most give a blue cast - albeit I've never found it a problem.
22 Feb 2015 6:49PM
I have a B+H 10 stop and have had no problems with colour cast. I have used it both indoors and early in the morning. You could try a different time of day or set the WB to the prevailing light conditions to see if that has any effects.
RobboB Plus
14 133 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2015 7:08PM
Mine gives a blue cast. Easily solved in post processing
Nigeve1 7 1.4k 101 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2015 8:53PM
I get a blue cast too, shoot RAW and no problem to correct in processing.
rogerdoger 9 18
22 Feb 2015 11:10PM
Thanks for all the help. I am obviously not alone in this. As you all say, can easily be corrected in raw converter. I was just a bit concerned that I had a `duff` filter.
Roger

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.