Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Lee filters & holder

RLB 14 52 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 9:09PM
Can anybody advise me on which size Lee Filter holder will fit the 10-20 mm ( 82 mm) & Sigma lens & Sigma 17-70 ( 72 mm ) I have looked at the Lee Web site but none the wiser, is it the 100mm.Standard kit, then I can buy a couple of Grads. Many thanks. Ray
derekhansen 13 210 24 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 9:38PM
Hi Ray,
You need to buy the Lee 82mm and a 72mm adaptor rings and the 100mm filter holder.
The adaptor rings screw on to the front of the lens and then the filter holder fits on any of the Lee adaptor rings.
Hope that helps.
Graysta 17 1.1k England
22 Aug 2012 9:55PM
Screw size = adapter (eg 82 mm ) fit the 10 -20 sigma - (72mm) fits the 17-70. so 2 adapter rings ! filter holder and make sure both rings are wide adapter rings the filter holder is designed to fit the adapter to both lenses.
basically speaking the filter size quoted on your lens is the adapter you need.the filter holder fits all Lee adapters. ITS NOT THE FILTER HOLDER its the ADAPTOR ring that makes it fit. I can see your confuson but it is quite easy when you have seleted some for different lenses . if you need help selecting PM me with your lens specs I will try to simplify mattters.

mattw 18 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 9:10AM
Also, for the 10-20mm lens, you will need a 'Wide Angle' 82mm adapter ring, not the standard one.

Not sure about the 17-70

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.