Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Leeds photographer advancement somewhat.

10 Sep 2017 11:16AM
I have a few Nikon cameras. I take photos of wild flowers, insects, landscapes and street photography.

Mest camera d750. But saving for a d850 now.

I've never been abroad. I adore this country and still want to travel more around. I've shot the same subjects too often.

I'm keen to do night photography in Leeds but it puts me off going by myself.

I've read thousands of photography magazines and books.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler Plus
9 918 15 England
10 Sep 2017 11:55AM
Welcome Anthony

I look forward to seeing your images once you get the feel of the site.

Ken
saltireblue Plus
7 7.3k 33 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2017 12:01PM
Greetings and welcome Anthony! Hope you enjoy being a member here on ePz. If there's anything you need to know, just shout.

Malc
Dave_Canon 11 1.3k United Kingdom
10 Sep 2017 12:18PM
One of the most successful photographers in my club (club, national and international competitions) rarely, if ever, goes abroad. There is no need to go far to find plenty to photograph. For night photography, I usually go with a small club group for night photography. We have met some strange characters and they normally indicate immediately if they do not want to be photographed but the vast majority are very happy to be photographed. Being in a group gives you confidence and we also find that explaining you are from a camera club (or undertaking a university project) relaxes most people who may otherwise be concerned about you rather than the other way round.

Dave
arhb Plus
10 3.3k 68 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2017 1:02PM
Send Adrian Wilson a PM - I know he does workshops in Leeds including night photography.
Ade_McFade
ade_mcfade 13 15.2k 216 England
10 Sep 2017 1:10PM
Cheers Andrew

Hi Anthony - I've 3 night workshops coming up in Leeds, so you can join us and be safe in a group, It can be intimidating on your own in a city at night can't it.

Not sure of the forum rules, but the link to the workshops is:-

http://www.photographycourses.eu/product-category/night-workshop/

First one gets you going, second is light painting in Roundhay Park, third is in the city, learning fun techniques with the Xmas lights.

hope to meet you soon

Ade
Dave_Canon 11 1.3k United Kingdom
10 Sep 2017 1:22PM
Andrew, I would jump at the offer above. In fact, if I lived in that part of the country, I would attend myself.

Dave
ade_mcfade 13 15.2k 216 England
12 Sep 2017 1:50PM
Thanks Dave - they're good fun to run, the biggest mistake people make is not dressing appropriately and getting cold.

If that happens, I get them to run around with a torch or something Smile
24 Sep 2017 10:15AM
I don't need any advice about doing photography as I've spent over 30 years taking photos.

I just need to travel somewhere different.

24 Sep 2017 10:21AM
I live not too far from Roundhay park and have took photos there but never at night.

Problem with me being a photographer is I don't drive. I had a friend who took me out in his van. We went walking and I took photos.

However we had someone crash into the van and it was wrote off. I was surprised when my friend said he still had to pay insurance even though he didn't have a van anymore so hr didn't benefit at all from the crash.
24 Sep 2017 10:31AM
I have never put any of my photos online. Never joined a club. Never done any competitions.

I do show some people i meet my photos on my tablet, but only if i think they are interested.

I've been out taking photos with a friend but just to help her learn how to use a d7000.
24 Sep 2017 10:34AM
I dont connect my laptop to my wifi. I dont want a virus or anything causing problems and slowing the laptop down, or worse.

I use a tablet for the internet but that's stopped working. I'm left with my s8 smartphone.
7 Oct 2017 11:39AM
Wow the d850 got the first ever 100 score from Dxo camera reviews.
11 Oct 2017 10:57AM
Nphoto magazines says the d750 had less noise than the d850 as the ISO levels increase. This is putting me off. Might just keep my d750.
11 Oct 2017 11:14AM
The rewiew gives in a 5 out of 5 review though and just half a point on all. So nearly the perfect camera.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.