Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Visiting The Photography Show 2018? Take a look at our Exhibitor Guide so you can plan before you go!


Phoenix 16 1.9k England
12 Oct 2012 5:51PM

Quote:Nah, that's colour TV.
Heck, in some parts you haven't even got steam radio yet Tongue

Must be why you come up north so much Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

14 Oct 2012 12:09PM
thanks for your comments guys I have to go now to help the wife get her broadband in her hair
User_Removed 8 4.6k 1 Scotland
14 Oct 2012 3:00PM

Quote:Perhaps this is more helpful. The lens records light and the sensor in the camera records the colour.


That's a clever trick. Where can I get one of those lenses that "records the light"?
Newdevonian 5 466 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 3:45PM
I bought a lens recently which was advertised as being good for black & white as well as colour, but I can only get black from it. I don't understand since it doesn't have a glass front, just a black disc which says Nikon. Wink
snapbandit 13 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
14 Oct 2012 4:11PM
The version of the Nikon lens with the black disk only works in the Southern Hemisphere, so you may have to emigrate to South of the equator and use the Hoya 'Tartan' filter to retain colour banding if shooting near salt water. Wink
Newdevonian 5 466 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 4:17PM
Oh ****! The black front disc bit just fell off. have I broken it?

Snapbandit, I fully understand the reasons for the first part of your answer, but a tartan filter? Your having me on aren't you? Wink
snapbandit 13 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
14 Oct 2012 4:20PM
Trust me.... if you can get your hands on one it will make the world of difference.... would I spoof you? !!! Tongue
Newdevonian 5 466 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 4:23PM
I've just found one on Amazon in 77mm, it's quite expensive at 1276, but I bought it anyway.
Note to self: How can I get a tartan overlay in photoshop to shut him up? Tongue
snapbandit 13 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
14 Oct 2012 4:25PM
don't forget, only use it near salt water (in the Southern Hemisphere) Smile
keith selmes 14 7.3k 1 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 4:55PM
I've always found, the best way to get colour is to change the film.
The ones labelled C41 or E6 seem to work best.

I see the camera used is a digital one, that may be the problem. Fortunately the lens will fit some real cameras as well, so it may be worth testing it on a proper body with some colour film.

Hope that helps Smile
Newdevonian 5 466 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 6:34PM
I've heard about this new fangled plastic film. Is it like a sensor painted onto a plastic strip? I understand however it is only 24 x 36 pixels. I don't understand how you can get any quality out of it. I suppose if you have 36 replaceable sensors, you don't have to worry about keeping them clean.
Sooty_1 7 1.5k 221 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 7:03PM
I had one of those, but I couldn't get a cable for it, to upload onto my computer....it seems that when I'd taken arou d 40 shots, I took the film thingy out, but all the pictures I took were trapped inside and I had to get a man to extract them for me.
snapbandit 13 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
14 Oct 2012 7:26PM
I used to get the pictures out of those myself ( needed a swiss army knife & a 7/8" spanner though ).

(anyone else think this should really be in the "Light Hearted Chat" forum, before someone with 'authority' locks it! )
Newdevonian 5 466 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 7:29PM
I have obviously misunderstood. I thought you just opened the tin and held the plastic up to the light and you could see the pictures.
Arunkd 8 1 India
19 Oct 2012 1:11PM
Guys...I bought a 400mm lens...but i cant take pictures with it..where exactly is the shutter button?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.