Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PortraitPro 17 with Background Editing Out Now! EXTRA 10% OFF code EPZRS17

lens film to digi

Hi all a newbie here i have recently been bought a canon 1000d slr, now what i would like help with is my old but still very usable t50 can i get a fitting to put the lenses i have for that to be able to use them on my new one....conn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 9 6.1k
9 Jan 2013 9:29PM
Adapters are made for this purpose. Take a look on eBay.
Pete Plus
16 18.8k 97 England
9 Jan 2013 9:50PM
Welcome to ePHOTOzine Smile

thewilliam suggests eBay which is a good option for this kind of item. There are three levels, basic ones which are anything from about 10, more advanced focus confirm versions which are 15 upwards (watch out - both these two don't allow infinity focus so may have macro in the description) and the third is a version with a glass element that will focus on infinity, but may degrade quality.
You will lose all form of automation on all models.
9 Jan 2013 10:24PM
thankyou both what do i actually ask for ..what do i write down as ive tried a few ideas but cant seem to get what i want ...conn
9 Jan 2013 11:57PM
This is as much as you need to know: FD mount - Wikipedia
Your old lens will not be fully functional on your new camera, image quality will suffer as well. Time to sell them or to keep them with the film camera - if you wish.
10 Jan 2013 6:07PM
michael and all i thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my request ...i shall ofcourse keep my t50 its a gem ....but will have to look around to see if any decent 2nd hand stuff is availiable

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.