Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Lens hire for gymnastics

Camairish 14 1.4k Scotland
16 Mar 2009 4:44PM
Hi
I'd like to hire a Canon telephoto for a couple of days to photograph my daughter in a national gymnastics competition. I tried with my old Canon EF 75-300 last year on my 5D - the reach was OK but the lens too slow & quality of picture average (a 15 year old lens best left on my film cameras!).
Ideally a faster 300mm or even 400mm will do the job, any suggestions from experience of the lenses and also where to hire from?
I'm in Fife and the competition is in Birmingham.

Kind Regards

Ian.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26 15 2.5k United Kingdom
16 Mar 2009 5:06PM
300 2.8 or 200 f2 are the two options I would suggest

hire a camera

lenses for hire

hth
Geoff

Edit I see lenses for hire are showing a 200 1.8 very highly rated lens
Tonyd3 15 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2009 5:23PM
Yep i would go with the 200 f2 also but you still may need a high iso you dont need to set it a f2 as its the glass and light collecting that will be important.

Im not click fishing but i have a 200 f2 you can see loads taken with it. it will make a big difference to your images. unfortunatly i tried one and loved it now i have one so be careful what you hire you may never be able to go back?
VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
16 Mar 2009 9:19PM
I can recommend www.hireacamera.com . I hired a Nikon body and lens from them a few weeks back and was very impressed wit their service. Gear was shipped in a sturdy metal case. They give you the option of picking up and dropping off at a nearby depot it is more convenient for you.

Adam
Camairish 14 1.4k Scotland
16 Mar 2009 11:20PM
Brilliant everyone - thanks for the help.

Ian.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.