Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Lies, damned lies, statistics and Canon

Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 2:26PM

Quote:Is prison like they make out

I hear it is quite good these days, Keith - so you should have no worries.

I'm told never drop the soap, though!
RipleyExile 18 1.6k 17 England
8 Mar 2007 2:30PM

Quote:I'm told never drop the soap, though!

You can get pump action liquid soap these days. Mind you, I guess that could lead to a whole new set of problems. :-(
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 2:34PM

Quote:Mind you, I guess that could lead to a whole new set of problems. :-(

Could send you clean round the bend!
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
8 Mar 2007 2:36PM
I just plan on not washing
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 2:39PM

Quote:I just plan on not washing

Good thinking - why change the habit of a lifetime! Smile)
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
8 Mar 2007 2:40PM
To get back to the (off-)topic of penguins (bearded) and their suitability or otherwise for guard duty, I have to say that there seem to be some question-marks about their tendency to delinquency. By way of evidence to back up this concern, I refer you to this article (around 3/4 of the way down the page), wherein the author makes this startling observation:

Quote:Beware a common penguin ruse, where one penguin plays dead underneath the car while a second penguin approaches from behind and lifts your wallet.

In light of this, I would have some concerns about their suitability for guarding HRH. Admittedly these don't appear to be bearded penguins, and HRH probably doesn't carry a wallet, but who knows what criminality might be within their capabilities, particularly when armed.
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 2:43PM
I believe an instance of this was photographed by a 'Kershaw Penguin' in the late '50s?

Possibly in the hands of Ceri.
ardbeg77 Plus
17 1.3k 7 United Kingdom
8 Mar 2007 2:48PM

Quote:Beware a common penguin ruse, where one penguin plays dead underneath the car while a second penguin approaches from behind and lifts your wallet.

That would explain this sign (third one down)from South Africa.

p.s. Nice to see you again Jas Smile
RipleyExile 18 1.6k 17 England
8 Mar 2007 2:52PM

Quote:Could send you clean round the bend!

Certainly missed those one liners. Smile
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 2:54PM

Amazing penguinuity!
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
8 Mar 2007 4:06PM
What's this? penguins lying doggo under cars while their accomplices frisk the public of their hard-earned?

You see, that is another reason why penguins are totally unsuitable to military duties in the service of the monarch. Imagine! She'd have to count the spoons every five minutes. So, even if they had the desire to serve, they'd be totally unsuitable. Being overly short as well.

Hello Jas! We were all wondering where you were. There was a growing stack of puns lying around with no-one with the skill to administer them but you're back now.
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Mar 2007 4:40PM
Well, much as I hate to admit it, I think you may be right, Sooze. I guess you'll have to find another use for that herd of penguins of yours....

;^)
Just Jas Plus
19 26.3k 1 England
8 Mar 2007 5:52PM

Quote:Sooze. I guess you'll have to find another use for that herd of penguins of yours....

I hear that penguin milk is very beneficial!

Could be a nice little earner! Wink)
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Mar 2007 7:37PM

Quote:I hear that penguin milk is very beneficial!

Ever tried milking one? Thought not.

;^)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.