Life and suicide

SCOTINWALES 11 41
7 Sep 2008 12:38PM
Marc

A sefless and courgageous act. A sad story to hear/read, but as others have posted on here but how many people living in this country are going through the exact same thing, pleas for help and nobody hearing them. I commend you for your bravery mate. Well done.

On reflection of this story,allbeit a slightly different thread, but relevant all the same, I have read this week about the conditions serviceman have to endure when they return from active service in Afghanistanand Iraq, especially the soliders who have been wounded and injured. The difference between our Health system and that of the States is surreal.

In America they have a project called the Wounded Warrior project. The US military have access to state of the art treatment facilities and an aftercare support that is second to none. All finaced by their goverment. Here in the UK the soldiers are treated at a wing in a hospital in Birmingham and then left to fend for themselves basically. Very little care comes from our goverment in thre treatment of our soldiers. No wonder so many people are left end their own lives. Soldiers included because they see no other way round it. I am sure Marc that this is exactly how this old man that you saved yesterday felt as well.

I fully understand why you are in such a sombre mood today. Hope youre flashgun was insured.

Once agaian Marc.. well done.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jeanie Plus
16 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2008 2:23PM
You did the right thing at the time.. and I commend you for that. The gentleman must have been in a very deep hole at the time and its heartbreakig knowing people are in situations like this.

The flash can be repaired/replaced.. you saved someone, ad that is priceless.

Jeanie
colin 15 697 5 Scotland
7 Sep 2008 2:42PM

Quote:The flash can be repaired/replaced.. you saved someone, and that is priceless

Hear, hear Jeanie!
That was a very selfless act you did , Marc. Lets hope the man can get himself some help and assistance.
Colin
Camairish 14 1.4k Scotland
7 Sep 2008 4:59PM
Well done Marc, brave actions indeed, as above I hope the man gets the help and support he really needs from family, friends and his local heath service.

Ian.
55jase 14 188 2 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2008 2:50AM
Well done Marc...
Jase
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
8 Sep 2008 5:00AM
What else could a decent person do Marc? Could you stand by and watch him die? There is not always a way to know the depths of despair in which some people find themselves. We are fortunate to have family and friends, and for that matter, each other on here, to turn to in what we perceive as hopeless moments. You did the right thing, and it was fortunate that you had the training.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.