Light L16 camera

13 Oct 2015 6:48PM
Has anyone an opinion on this latest advance in cameras please?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jembo 15 139 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2015 7:09PM
Good to see some innovation, but looking at the pics in the website...well let's say I wasn't blown away by the quality.
13 Oct 2015 7:28PM
It sort of appeals to me because of its offer of quality pics and ease of use, plus it must be easier to handle for arthritic hands! I've been thinking of getting a CSC camera , but now I'm wondering if I should hold off till next year..... I couldn't find examples of pics taken with it though.
13 Oct 2015 10:30PM

Quote:...I couldn't find examples of pics taken with it though.

It is told (but not shown) to take as good Instagram pictures as a DSLR with zoom lens.
ChrisV Plus
12 2.3k 26 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2015 10:44AM

Quote:Has anyone an opinion on this latest advance in cameras please?

I started a discussion about it under 'Death of the DSLR'. But that title could just as easily be 'death of the ILC'. The first iteration of this is hardly going to do that - there are a good few inadequacies in the camera even if it works perfectly. On the other hand if it does work in the way that's trumpeted, we could well be seeing the birth of the technology which will replace the sort of cameras everyone is using today.
14 Oct 2015 12:33PM

Quote:

I started a discussion about it under 'Death of the DSLR'. But that title could just as easily be 'death of the ILC'. The first iteration of this is hardly going to do that - there are a good few inadequacies in the camera even if it works perfectly. On the other hand if it does work in the way that's trumpeted, we could well be seeing the birth of the technology which will replace the sort of cameras everyone is using today.

Sorry I missed your topic Chris, it looks like I better excercise caution and go into 'wait and see mode' Eileen
ChrisV Plus
14 Oct 2015 1:14PM

Quote:
Sorry I missed your topic Chris, it looks like I better excercise caution and go into 'wait and see mode' Eileen

It was perhaps too cryptically titled!

I am a bit surprised this isn't a hotter topic of discussion though - it's potentially a game-changer. I would agree though it's probably best to approach the actual product with a fair degree of caution. Even if it does 'work as billed' it does have some very obvious limitations in this first iteration.
14 Oct 2015 1:35PM

Quote:
Quote:

I am a bit surprised this isn't a hotter topic of discussion though - it's potentially a game-changer.
I totally agree. Maybe everyone thinks it's just too good to be true ! I never cease to be amazed at how fast technology is moving though .....

mikesavage 17 299 2 England
14 Oct 2015 3:55PM
I've a funny feeling this technology will go the same way as the Lytro cameras, but let's wait & see. One swallow certainly doesn't make a summer.
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
14 Oct 2015 4:20PM
Well Lytro and its base technology hasn't gone away. In fact its really only just entering a consumer market.
ChrisV Plus
14 Oct 2015 4:21PM

Quote:I've a funny feeling this technology will go the same way as the Lytro cameras, but let's wait & see. One swallow certainly doesn't make a summer.

No the Lytro cameras haven't gone away, but they've always been confined to a niche market by their limitations [mainly in terms of resolution]. Perhaps they were the swallow that didn't make a spring and this is the one that will change the season. Time will tell - it's not going to happen overnight [just as digital didn't].

The blue touch paper is lit - let's see if it's a rocket or a damp squib.
User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2015 4:59PM

In what way ?

Earlier in the year Out of frame was all the rage, you couldn't see a post that someone thought "OOF" war really great, thank god that died a death, another "fad", manufacturers have run out of ideas, so new "trials" are appearing, according to some of the OU forums, no one will see a real jump ahead for five years
14 Oct 2015 5:00PM
In so much as its a new technology and what do you think about it, if you understand it......way
User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2015 5:05PM

Quote:In so much as its a new technology and what do you think about it, if you understand it......way

Thanks

Well, Personally I think on its own it will be the Betamax
14 Oct 2015 5:12PM
So a better technology that companies will refuse to buy and develop their own?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.