Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Claim 10% off PortraitPro with code TQ1434 now!

Light room not importing

20 Mar 2017 7:07AM
Lightroom CC on Windows 10

Canon RAW files

When asked to import LR shows grid with image boxes grey but relevant file numbers are their. Message says no pictures to import.

Images show on camera display and in file Explorer on PC.

Have imported from this card numerous times previously. Have I changed something?

All suggestions welcome..

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RoyBoy 12 227 2 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2017 7:33AM
Usually you get what you describe when LightRoom has already imported the images.

When in the Import panel go over to the settings over on the RHS and untick the "don't import suspected duplicates".Then try again..... Any luck?
20 Mar 2017 11:41AM
Tried that suggestion thanks but no success..
I just can't fathom why it seems unable to read the card. Alleges it is importing but just stops right at the beginning.of the process.
saltireblue Plus
6 6.6k 33 Norway
20 Mar 2017 11:52AM
Does the camera have an 'enable usb' setting for shooting tethered? If so, it might need to be 'unabled' to allow image transfer. (it caught me out on my Fuji!)
Chris_L 3 3.6k United Kingdom
20 Mar 2017 12:32PM
Sounds like it thinks those files are duplicates.
justin c 13 4.8k 36 England
20 Mar 2017 1:32PM
To rule out importing from the card directly as the possible issue, try copying the photos from the card to a folder on your computer and see if you can then import them from there into Lightroom.
Tianshi_angie 2 1.4k England
20 Mar 2017 1:44PM
Can you open Camera Raw from PS Bridge and import them from there? My other thoughts are that maybe the card has become locked or that there is a fault in the card reader. Try a different card and see if that works.
20 Mar 2017 2:16PM
The card is not locked.
Have never shot tethered - not even sure it's possible with this camera.

Had no problem downloading to pictures folder on C drive and viewing pictures.

Tried importing those pictures to LR - same result- says no photos despite showing file numbers.

Any more suggestions?
Meanwhile will see if I have another card in my pocket camera with pictures I can try.

Thanks for help so far.

20 Mar 2017 2:27PM
Update:

No problem importing with same card reader from Canon G7X with RAW files.

Still puzzled!!
20 Mar 2017 4:16PM
So must be the card rather than Lightroom. Does the card that you are having probs. with upload to PS Camera Raw?
20 Mar 2017 4:18PM
Another thought - is the card you are having problems with also Canon GX7? At the top you have just said Canon Raw. If not perhaps the Camera Raw in Lightroom needs updating.
Philh04 Plus
11 828 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2017 9:55AM
Are you absolutely sure that you have not imported the files previously?
21 Mar 2017 10:41AM
Card I am having problems with is from a Canon 650D. Downloaded from a DIFFERENT card from GX7 successfully.

Absolutely sure have not downlaoded previously - even tried unticking the do not import suspected duplicates box.

Chris_L 3 3.6k United Kingdom
21 Mar 2017 12:07PM
It's the kind of thing that happens if Camera Raw doesn't support the camera. Can't see how that's the case here. I don't think it's Lr. Don't think it's the card. Put the card into your GX7, do not format it, take a few snaps. Now try Lr again. What's the result?
StrayCat Plus
13 18.2k 3 Canada
21 Mar 2017 4:31PM
Seems to me you've imported them before without realising it. Take a couple of shots with the same camera and card and then try to import, see if the new shots can be imported.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.