Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Lightbox photography for food

11 Jun 2019 12:42PM
I'm thinking of getting a lightbox to do some food and flower photography for when the weather is bad, does anyone know if you can just put the food directly onto the lightbox or would you need to cover it in clingfilm to protect it from staining etc. (strawberries, kiwi, pink grapefruit etc)
any other advice on using a lightbox would be greatly appreciated as I've never used one before.

Thank you

Danny

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.4k England
11 Jun 2019 1:20PM
Depends on the lightbox. You can purchase some which are made of plastic so they would be wipeable. Or put your objects on something which is disposable. I don't think it would be possible to line with cling-film!
Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
11 Jun 2019 1:34PM
Assuming you mean transmitted light through the sliced fruit then the majority of lightbox surfaces are perspex, in theory you should be able to stretch cling film over it but I don't think it will be needed as it should wipe clean... You will find that you get better results with strips of black paper/card masking the lightbox so that only the area you are using is lit, this avoids spill and a general reduction in contrast.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.