Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lightroom 4.3 - Photoshop CS6 Colour Shift

robs Plus
12 660 2 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 7:50PM
Quick one - when I edit a photograph in Lightroom 4.3 and export it into Photoshop CS6 (Latest ACR installed) I am getting a colour shift from the warm tones I have dialled in to a cooler version in Photoshop.

Any idea why, and what I can do to fix this - I am getting rather irate!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH 10 1.9k 1 France
10 Jan 2013 9:52PM
Could be a monitor profile issue - check that Photoshop is using the current monitor profile (color settings>working spaces>Monitor RGB). Temporarily install sRGB as your monitor profile to see if differences vanish—that'll point towards a potentially corrupt monitor profile or a compatibility problem (with a v4 monitor profile for instance).

In Photoshop's colour settings make sure that you have 'preserve embedded profiles' selected in colour management policies, and check all the boxes (you might try that first before faffing around with the monitor profile).
robs Plus
12 660 2 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 10:08PM
Aaah good call, will try those tomorrow.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
10 Jan 2013 10:43PM
At the risk of stating the very obvious, check that when you click "Edit in...CS6" in Lightroom, you are then clicking (or defaulting to) "Edit Copy with Lightroom Changes" or words to that effect.
Philh04 Plus
10 140 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 8:13AM
Not a profile issue I don't think.... NEVER use your monitor profile as a working space in Photoshop, use either Adobe RGB or Prophoto RGB (Prophoto is closer to the Mellisa RGB that Lightroom uses beneath the covers)

I am not in front of Lightroom at the moment but LeftForums suggestion is good.... and yes make sure that preserve embedded profile is checked in Photoshop...
GlennH 10 1.9k 1 France
11 Jan 2013 9:20AM

Quote:NEVER use your monitor profile as a working space in Photoshop

If that's what my post inferred, no, don't! The path I posted was merely intended as a means of checking the current monitor profile, which should be listed in the drop-down menu alongside 'Monitor RGB'. If you were to click on that you'd be effectively turning colour management off.

Any disparity in colour between programs always potentially points towards a profile problem. However, I do agree that LF's post may resolve the issue - seems fairly likely that the Lightroom adjustments are merely being discarded en route.
mikehit Plus
6 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 9:46AM
Profile seems the best explanation

robs Plus
12 660 2 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 5:50PM
ah ha - dodgy profile it was!

Deleted the monitor profile to use the un-profiled settings and Lightroom/Photoshop look the same again. So... I just need to either find my Huey Pro again which has wandered off... or get something a little more useful instead Wink

Cheers, that wasn't one I was expecting to be causing the problem!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.