Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Locations in the Peak District

rogerdoger 9 18
29 Mar 2014 4:09PM
I am going up to the peak District for a few days shortly and want to do some landscapes. Can anyone recommend the best places which do not involve to much steep climbing or long walks (I get stiff legs)
sherlob Plus
15 3.2k 130 United Kingdom
29 Mar 2014 4:48PM
Mam Tor & Hope Valley are good. Mam Tor does require effort, but it has a car park that is probably more than 1/2 way up, and a road that takes you up another good section. That said, the final section has a number of steps and the path is a little steep in places. Still its in good condition, and if you take your time - as long as you are in reasonable health - you'll be fine.
Dave_Canon 14 1.9k United Kingdom
29 Mar 2014 4:51PM
Magpie Mine near Monyash.

Dave
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
29 Mar 2014 6:26PM
Curbar and Derwent Edge have to be the ultimate easy walk for a lot of return. No climbing and a good easy stroll from the car park.

Padley Gorge from the station car par park is hardly taxing and even Higger Tor is a very easy climb. Lawrence Field involves a short walk and no climbing. Park at Surprise View and cross the road for that but Surprise View itself is a level walk.
rogerdoger 9 18
29 Mar 2014 7:15PM
Thanks for all the help. very welcome. Just hope I get some decent weather
Roger
gala 7 1.1k United Kingdom
30 Mar 2014 6:31PM
Ladybower & Derwent reservoirs are classics, and Stanton-in-the-Moor is worth a look
25 Apr 2014 3:43PM
Magpie Mine. A very nice pub in Sheldon.
Dove Valley
Allport Heights

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.