Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

London Architecture meet

Strobe 14 1.3k United States
10 Aug 2009 5:56PM
I am going to put this in the meetings section over the next two weeks, the meeting will be in London, 1st November meeting at noon.

Here are my ideas for the London Architecture meet; we could meet at Bank, do Leadenhall Market., Lloyds building, Gherkin

After that “walk due west” to Paternoster Square, with the vents designed by Thomas Heatherwick LINK which also has the Paternoster Column , this is right behind St Paul’s then past St Paul’s is the
City of London Information Centre, UK LINK
Moving across the Thames to the Tate Modern and the proceeding through Southwark to Waterloo station, along this route there is Palestra at the corner of Blackfriars and Union street LINK continuing there theaters like Young Vic Theatre LINK and LINK the Old Vic and then past the IMAX and through the area with the theaters down on the south bank

Please let me know if there is anything you want added to this and if you thing the City is overrated and overshot if so we can change the meeting point !!!!
SteveCharles 18 2.3k 18 England
10 Aug 2009 8:12PM
I was photographing Palestra & the Blue Fin Building next to Tate modern on Saturday evening, and thought they'd make good stops on the meet, I think we're on the same wavelength!

I'm in two minds about places like Lloyds and the Gherkin, they are obvious and over-photographed (they're like the Rannoch Moor of the City...) but I also try to be mindful of people attending who don't get into London often and would like to photograph them. And it should be quiet around there on a Sunday.
10 Aug 2009 8:30PM

Quote:

I'm in two minds about places like Lloyds and the Gherkin, they are obvious and over-photographed

Thats what I was thinking but I thought I would give the option and see the response, it would be good to get other's opinions.....
fauxtography 16 6.6k 36
10 Aug 2009 8:33PM
Maybe the challenge is to get a shot in that area that does not have them in?
dwilkin 15 24.3k United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 8:41PM
I'm interested... I work in Westminster, and keep meaning to bring the camera to work for some shots, but it's always full of tourists!
Martin54 Plus
15 547 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 10:29PM
Route sounds good to me - not knowing London very well I'm happy to be guided by someone with local knowledge. Date is in my diary.
Martin
MrJC 13 7 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 2:53PM
This sounds good to me, please count me in and let me know more details closer to the time. James
ghibby 16 101 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 5:47PM
You can count me in. Be my first EPZ meet too! I work in London the last thing on my mind is to go back in on the weekends to shoot on a regualr basis so i'm up for exploiting the opportunities on my door step. Route above sounds great to me.

While the gherkin an co is over shot the good thing in this are is the lack of people over the weekend round these parts.

I'll put the date in my diary!

Ben
steveb 17 343 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 8:19PM
i'd like to join in on this one, I haven't been on a EPZ meet for ages.
f8 18 9.2k 22 England
11 Aug 2009 11:03PM
I would like this trip but will be in the Caribbean on a cruise from 26th Nov for three weeks. If I can fit it in before OK.
RogBrown 14 3.1k 10 England
11 Aug 2009 11:05PM

Quote:I would like this trip but will be in the Caribbean on a cruise from 26th Nov for three weeks.

Oh bad luck! Wink
f8 18 9.2k 22 England
11 Aug 2009 11:11PM
Thank you for your commiserations Roger.
randomrubble 17 3.1k 12 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2009 2:01PM
I'll pencil this one in, but is a November day ideal for the city? The sun (?!) will be on the low side and the buildings quite tall...
SteveCharles 18 2.3k 18 England
12 Aug 2009 3:06PM
I know what you're saying Barry, although I think the thinking was that we might get some nice light on some buildings earlier in the day, and we could also do some dusk/night type stuff in the afternoon. Marc actually wanted to do it right at the end of December but I got him to bring it forward!

It's a fair point though, perhaps it might be an idea to bring it forward another month, although Marc's gone on holiday now for a week.
12 Aug 2009 3:13PM

Quote:

It's a fair point though, perhaps it might be an idea to bring it forward another month, although Marc's gone on holiday now for a week.

Still here, leaving in the morning. Unfortunatly I will not be here beginning of October....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.