Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Long time no speak- Hello again!

Andy_Curtis 5 808 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2016 9:24PM
Ola,

I haven't been on this site and visited the forums for quite some time. No reason other than simply not logging on.

When I was last on here I had a Nikon D610. Since then I have sold it for the same price I purchased it, and got myself a Fuji Xpro1 and an XT1. I found the Xpro1 Hidden away in a Curry's store, I asked the salesman about it and he didn't even know they had one in stock anymore (The Xpro2 had been out for quite some time by this point). Long story short, the price was having some issues as it was a discontinued product, and I ended up buying it, brand new, for 200!!!

Then I picked up the XT1 after selling the Nikon.

I am in love with the Fuji's, they are sublime to use and the images are superb. I actually ended up shooting my sisters Henna with my XT1 and Nissan i40, and it outperformed my expectations.

I then took the same set up to her wedding 3 days later. They had official photographers but I dabbled in shooting the wedding myself. I was blown away at how well it performed, and how well I performed Wink

Anyway, thought I'd say "hello" again, some of you might remember me. I started off as an Olympus user, and admittedly should never have got out of the M43 world. Oh well...

ps. A Henna is a Turkish tradition for the bride, its not a Hen party at all. And to clear things up... she lives in Turkey if you hadn't guessed.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlexandraSD 8 762 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2016 9:42PM
Welcome back, and also welcome to the fuji Grin
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
10 Oct 2016 11:23PM
Welcome back Andy - I see you're another who has abandoned the mirror! Wink
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 39 Norway
11 Oct 2016 5:49AM
Good to see you again, Andy.
I too have moved to Fuji, bought the brand-spanking new X-T2 and am loving the experience! Traded in all my Canon stuff.

Malc
11 Oct 2016 11:33AM
The XT-2 looks so damn good. I couldn't justify the jump to the XT2 so I settled for the XT1.

I've heard nothing but good things about the XT2, and based on my experience with the 1, I believe the hype.
11 Oct 2016 1:21PM
As soon as i can afford one i will be getting either an x-t1 or x-t2, currently i am using the lowly x-a2 but ill tell you now, even that is a bloody good camera, the image quality is just superb, the jpegs are so good right from camera, and it feels so intuitive in my small hands.

I know folk are raving about the new 23mm f2 lens but im holding on for the forthcoming 50mm f2 and the 80mm macro lens, if they even come close to their 35mm f2 then ill be a happy bunny!

Mirrorless is the future i am sure, i have nothing against dslr's but i do feel their time is kind of up now, just look at the current mirrorless cameras out there, those sony's are killing it, along with the x-t2! Before i got my fuji i did consider going to MFT but im glad i went for the aps-c fuji's now, though the new olympus omd-em something something is a little cracker and is putting the canons and nikons to shame. I do feel canon left it a tad too late with their new m5 which looks to be a fab camera, but it is too little too late for them, something only the diehard canon fans will love, but is that enough in todays camera market? I dont think it is, maybe had they released that camera instead of the m3 initially then canon would have stood a chance but they were so slow off the mark, completely underestimating the pull of mirrorless camera's and just designing something that is so boring and unexciting. Just my views though, just my views!
11 Oct 2016 1:31PM
The XA-2 is great. My girlfriend picked on up and is loving it! we are a right little Fuji family now. Ill post a pic of it haha.

I am tempted by the 23mm F2. I have the 35mm F2 and I wish it was a little wider. although, for a few hundred more the 16mm f1.2 is looking nice.
11 Oct 2016 1:32PM
258552_1476189153.jpg

258552_1476189163.jpg

11 Oct 2016 2:00PM
Its weird but the x-a2 didnt do so well in western markets but the asian market could not get enough of them, and now the x-a3 is coming out, but i wont be buying that one i dont think, the x-t series will be a proper upgrade for me personally.

By the way, this is kinky....

174066_1476190742.jpg

The yellow rubber skin came from ebay, gives added grip, kinda protective and gives the camera a pimped up look which i quite like Smile
11 Oct 2016 2:13PM
Have you named your camera Kinky? Haha I like it.

I really want t a protective case for both mine, but I am too picky.
11 Oct 2016 2:36PM
Yupl i really call her kinky Blush Grin
EddieAC 14 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2016 4:04PM
Welcome back Andy!!! Smile
12 Oct 2016 11:20AM
Thanks!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.