ADVERTISEMENT
Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Looking for good monitor

5 Sep 2010 4:41PM
Hu There,

I'm looking for a good monitor to use for my photographic post processing.
I read some of the posts on this formu... all of them give specs, what about giving a name of a make or actuall monitor?
My budget it £200 could maybe strech to £250, I believe this one is a good monitor:
http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Dell+Ultrasharp+2209WA+22%22+E-IPS+Widescreen+Flat+Panel+Monitor+-+Black+REV+A01&osCsid=823bb6e25d0ea633e9f51ffa22536e9c

Any thought on that? Could someone advise me a different model?

Many thanks
blackbird 16 159 15 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2010 5:01PM
I bought that one recently - seems good to me although I'm no techie
cameracat 19 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
5 Sep 2010 6:18PM
Well that particular DEll model is an " IPS " panel, These are very good for digital photo work, Better colour accuracy, Better for calibration, Much better " View Angles " ( at 178 degrees V+H ) than many of the cheaper displays around, So well worth the money.

Something else to bare in mind with Dell gear, If you have any grief what so ever, Get on to them, And generally you get a " Next Day " swop out for a new item.

Seriously good after sales direct from Dell.....Smile

Having looked at the specs, If I was in the market for a new display, This would be on my short list.

The price on your link is pretty good too.....Smile Though its always worth shopping around....Wink

Having said all that, You might want to consider this , Its a much newer model design, As with all things for a bit extra its worth having bang up to date technology.

Wink
Alan_Warriner 17 545 England
5 Sep 2010 6:38PM
I bought the 2209 from ebuyer a couple of weeks ago, well pleased

Note the pcbuyit price excludes VAT
5 Sep 2010 6:42PM
Thank you guys, I'll read on them and will compare.

Best wishes to you all

Ania
10 Sep 2010 10:52AM
Cameracat, thank you for advice, I'll go with your suggestion, many thanks!

Ania

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.