Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Looking for keyring photographer - Wedding

10 Sep 2015 10:25AM
Hello,

I am currently looking to book a keyring photographer that can operate in the South East London area. I've only managed to find companies that cover the North West.

The type of event is a wedding, and we would pre-pay for at least 100 keyrings depending on price. We are not looking for a photo booth that has keyring printing. We want someone who will walk around taking photos similar to what you get in nightclubs.

If anyone is aware of someone who can provide this service, or even if you feel you can provide it yourself, please get in touch.

Thank you

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 1.0k United Kingdom
10 Sep 2015 11:24AM
Is this an advert ?

you say "the "TYPE" of event"", is it or is it not a wedding

Is it a one off you state "operate" in the area, so I assume this is full time !

Is it your wedding(ish)

Pre paying for 100 key rings is that all you want as to be perfectly honest a working photographer (like me) wouldn't get out of bed for that in London

If it's your wedding may I suggest buying 100 blank key rings on ebay, and asking a friend to do some photographs which can be home printed.
10 Sep 2015 11:57AM
The type of event is a wedding, not sure where you're confused on that. I thought providing that information would be beneficial to a potential photographer. For instance, an award ceremony is a type of event.

It is for my wedding and it a one off post. I've used the verb 'operate' as correctly as I used the noun 'type'.

Pre-paying for 100 keyrings, from what I've seen, would be roughly £200. On top of that I'd obviously pay for the photographers service. Let's imagine £100 per hour. So for the 2 hours I would like a photographer to provide a very simple service (I'm not asking for amazing shots, it's a keyring!) I think £400, minus keyring costs, is very reasonable indeed.

I have no intention to burden any of my guests/friends with any type of duty that is not traditionally required of them. I also would clearly appreciate an 'on the spot' service.

For the record I am fully aware of what a nightclub pays a photographer for providing the same service. The only difference being the club will provide printing facilities. What I've suggested is above and beyond that fee.

You are obviously not my target audience for this post. Please accept this passive aggressive response in reply to your own.

Thanks for your time.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
10 Sep 2015 12:13PM
Hi Craig,

Sorry the first reply you received was not as helpful as it could have been....hopefully someone else will be along shortly who can give a bit better advice to you.

Malc
10 Sep 2015 12:31PM
Thank you Malc. I hope so too, seems quite difficult to find someone in this area that can provide the services I require. Unfortunately it seems if I lived in Liverpool I'd have a huge choice, including 'free' photographers that only charge for the keyring price.
mikeweeks 14 977 3 England
10 Sep 2015 12:33PM
If you want to send me some details then I can send out to a network of event photographers, but I would expect that you are looking at £400, keyrings are a pain.

Mike
10 Sep 2015 12:38PM
Thanks Mike, appreciate that. I have found them a lot cheaper in the areas where there is clearly more competition but £400 is inline with my expectations as outlined above.

I understand keyring photography may be something that reaches the bottom of the barrel in terms of craftsmanship in the photography world but it's something we would like to feature at our wedding. It would provide a more natural photo as oppose to a photo booth as well as giving our guests a keep sake of the day.

I'll message you with further details.
mikeweeks 14 977 3 England
10 Sep 2015 12:54PM
Message rx'd and info sent to my colleagues

Mike
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
10 Sep 2015 4:22PM
@ mikeweeks - Thank you! That's the type of helping hand we like to see extended when new members ask for help in the forums.

Fma7 4 927 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2015 10:02PM

Quote:@ mikeweeks - Thank you! That's the type of helping hand we like to see extended when new members ask for help in the forums.

We really, and I mean REALLY, need a downvote option
10 Sep 2015 11:24PM

Quote:You are obviously not my target audience for this post. Please accept this passive aggressive response in reply to your own.

Thanks for your time.

Well said..TongueWink
Cephus Plus
14 2.5k England
11 Sep 2015 10:10AM

Quote:We really, and I mean REALLY, need a downvote option

Not quite sure what you mean by this statement but if you mean what I think you mean then I think I agree.
Smile
keithh 15 25.5k 33 Wallis And Futuna
11 Sep 2015 10:35AM
Or not.....depending Wink
11 Sep 2015 12:24PM
Depending on the date I may be availble, I do a lot of private nightclub work where I provide my own keyring service. I charge £3 pound for 1 keyring or 2 for 5 normally and this includes the printing, keyring and my time.

I live in the south west but I am willing to travel, my concern is that the keyrings I use are very cheap as I donít need to buy expensive keyrings. As this is a wedding I would imagine that you would want a quality keyring which may alter the costs.

I can do some research and get back to you, let me know if you are interested.
11 Sep 2015 12:48PM
I've messaged you buddy thanks for that.

And thanks to Mike as well, I've had someone in touch just need to give them a call.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.