andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2007 12:33PM
The Honeymoon is Over
deviant 17 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2007 12:36PM
The toys are out the pram then.
Geoffphoto 15 13.5k United Kingdom
6 Aug 2007 12:38PM
Interesting....IMHO Alonso should have stayed at Renault and worked hard to make the team more competative with the new tyre rules, but there is no getting away from the talent that is Lewis Hamilton !!
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2007 12:44PM
As a double world champ the last thing Alonso expected was to be chasing his rookie partner. Maclaren has always allowed its drivers to race, up to the point whereby doing so would be detrimental to either the driver's or, more importantly, constructor's titles. Another couple of races and he is in danger of becoming the number 2 for the rest of the season, not a happy prospect for him.

Go for it Lewis I say. He was perhaps a little out of order not letting Alonso through, but had he done so and then fallen fowl of Raikonnen, everybody would have been on his case for losing the advantage.

Ian
6 Aug 2007 12:48PM
Sorry Andy, but I thought that you meant this story Smile

break up

Serves you right for hoisting Atomic Kitten on us Kerry !!
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
6 Aug 2007 1:08PM
This often happens when you have two gifted drivers of equal ability in the same team.
Hanners 15 875 10 Ireland
6 Aug 2007 1:13PM
I feel sorry for Ron Dennis really, he has always insisted that the team comes first but having said that he has also had his favourites - Hakkinen over Coulthard, Raikkenen over Coulthard etc. This spat with Alonso and Hamilton is going right back to the Senna / Prost row where Senna deliberatley collided with Prost in the last race of the season in Japan so he could win the Drivers title. If Alonso does get in front of Hamilton in the Drivers Championship, we could see him doing "Senna" too.

At least we know one thing and that's who will win this years BBC Sports Personality of the Year...
6 Aug 2007 1:29PM
One of the things which has always intrigued me about F1 is the conflict between drivers who want to be world champ and the teams whose main priority is the constructor's.

About time we had a British driver with the balls as well as the talent. Smile

edit - I think, if it came to it, Alonso would be more likely to walk. Hamilton has been nurtured by Maclaren for years and if he is asked to support Alonso this season he knows he has a few more years left.

Mind you, if Ferrari offered him a drive his reaction would be interesting.
User_Removed 17 3.3k Russian Federation
6 Aug 2007 1:38PM

Quote:This often happens when you have two gifted drivers of equal ability in the same team.

So what's Alonso's excuse then? Wink
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
6 Aug 2007 3:24PM
and how does one think Ron Dennis will react to being told to go and F(*() swivel?

It may be Hamilton who is more at risk...World Champs have been sacked in the past.
6 Aug 2007 3:27PM
Were those his words then Keith? Smile

Maybe, I just meant he was the least likely to walk (in my opinion). If he did get the boot he wouldn't be without a choice of drives.
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
6 Aug 2007 3:30PM
There's only Ferrari unless something changes...and Ferrari like people who follow the letter of the strategy.
6 Aug 2007 3:45PM

Quote:and Ferrari like people who follow the letter of the strategy.

Or they send Da Boyz round !!!!
6 Aug 2007 3:55PM
BMW are up and coming too, they could be interested.

Anyway, I don't think it will come to that. Maclaren have invested too much in his development to kick him out in his first season, especially as he is bagging them loads of constructor points (although maybe not yesterday Smile)
chris.maddock 20 3.7k United Kingdom
6 Aug 2007 4:19PM

Quote:It may be Hamilton who is more at risk...World Champs have been sacked in the past.

If you're referring to the Damn Hill/Williams episode, wasn't that more that Frank wouldn't pay what Damon wanted to renew his contract and signed Frentzen as a replacement - then Damon went and won the Championship?

KRs
Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.