Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Looks as if

andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2007 11:18AM

Quote: What happens to Ferrari for illegal flexi wings

The flexi wings were not illegal according to the rules, wings are not allowed to move relative to the sprung part of the car.

Flexi-wings are an attempt to get around that rule by letting the wings change shape (i.e. flex) of their own accord by using less stiff materials in certain places.

So the other teams complained and then the FIA banned them.
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2007 11:39AM
Its a subtle point but I would say they worked by moving relative to the sprung part of the car, but its one of those subtle points that you could argue over for ever Smile

I still think the punnishment was deserved but not fair. and the implication as well by Ron is that Alonso tried to use the EMAILs to negotiate his position. also it implies that Ron tried to over play down the situation.

It's sad as the reputations of a bunch of people are hit.
mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2007 12:02PM

Quote:Its a subtle point but I would say they worked by moving relative to the sprung part of the car, but its one of those subtle points that you could argue over for ever

Ferrari managed to find away for the wing to pass the static load tests, but then bend back when running at high speed on the track.

It was cheeky, not not ileagl.

Quote:I still think the punnishment was deserved but not fair. and the implication as well by Ron is that Alonso tried to use the EMAILs to negotiate his position. also it implies that Ron tried to over play down the situation.

I agree.
Ron called Alonso's bluff, but in the final analysis, it was the smartest thing he could have done, as the information would have come out anyway.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.