Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Love to hear comments

andygeol 7 3 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2016 3:41PM
Recently built my first website. I would like to hear comments from others. It is not primarily a commercial site (though it could be if there is enough positive feedback).
Andy
My Zenfolio Website

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sitan1 Plus
11 1.2k 1 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2016 7:37PM
Hi Andy
A really nice clean looking easy to navigate site.
You have a very nice portfolio which is great for attracting people to your site.
Is this a paid for site if so try and get rid of the 'host your photos on Zenfolio' on the top right, the reason I say that is its your site not theirs so I think it would be better if you could get rid of it, if you cant not the end of the world just an observation.
On your Bio/about page you refer to yourself in the third person like some one is talking for you, instead of saying through his 30 year career I feel IMO it would sound better through my 30 year career, this way sounds more personal and makes its all bout you, its your site after all Smile
I also think you are brave putting what I think is your home number on your site, if it is I don't think you really need to do that, you have a mobile number on there and a contacts page for typing in details, only saying this as you say it isn't a commercial site yet.
Anyway great job and everything I mentioned is just an opinion but hope it helps having a different point of view

Simon
bwlchmawr 8 32 1 England
28 Mar 2016 6:58AM
The website looks fine, clear and easy to use.
The landscapes are good but there's a preponderance of tele-zoom shots with compressed perspective and, to my mind, tight composition. Just a personal opinion but you did ask...
28 Mar 2016 9:29AM
Hi Andy,
Fantastic images. And weak site design. Gallery pages look good, sharp, clean, no-nonsence and fast. Sorry, can not say the same of home page. First, top slideshow. Images ratio does not always match the frame. Makes very amateurish impression. Maybe, lesser images that do not conflict with the frame would be better.Also, we do not need to see the slideshow controls panel at its bottom, even briefly.
Then, mix of colour and B&W images at the same page at the same time. Someone may be ok with that, but I would rather see these two worlds separated.
Maybe, leaving large portfolio slideshow with buttons under it leading to separate galleries? Gives a dynamic start, does not distract the eye and easy to navigate.
All in all, site is a bit of controversy between professional quality images and amateur design. Your images deserve better, honestly.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
andygeol 7 3 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2016 10:40AM
Many thanks for the comments. For sure, I agree with many of these points and I'll look at the photos in each portfolio.
arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2016 12:35PM
From personal experience Andy, it takes quite some time(without being a website designer/wizzard) from setting a website up with initial content, through to making it look anything like the best it can look - it needs to 'mature'.
Also, look at your site on different devices - smart phones/tablets and laptops to see how it looks on those platforms.
Something I have found that creates interests is a news feed, together with image updates.
HTH.
12 Dec 2017 8:34PM
Great website Andy and a superb selection of photographs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.