Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Lowepro Stealth Reporter or a Nova?

Emmog 10 38 1 England
8 Apr 2009 9:02AM
Hi all,
I am looking to sell my little rucksack and am planning on buying a shoulder bag. I have got a Nikon D1x, Sigma 18-50mm, Tamron 70-300mm, Nikon Speedlight SB-600 and a Sigma 170-500mm. The Sigma 170-500mm lens would probably have to be able to fit if I were using the camera on a nature reserve.

I have been looking at the Lowepro Nova 190 and Nova 200 and also the Loweepro Stealth Reporter D300. I am not entirely sure whether all of the stuff would fit in to any of these bags though. Obviously I could make aceptions to leaving a lens or flash at home one day but I would really like to be able to hold it all. Also I have been looking for a cheap lowepro bag but these aren't really cheap. The bag would have to be lightweight and strong, that's the few problems that are facing me!

Thanks
Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_p 14 1.2k England
8 Apr 2009 6:03PM
Matt,
I dont really think you will get all that stuff into a shoulder bag.
If you did i think you will end walking lopsided!!
The Bigma is the one which will be the problem as you saySmile
riprap007 15 1.6k 37 England
8 Apr 2009 6:06PM
hire a porter...

I managed to get a Billington style camera bag (but a jessops one) from a bootsale last Sunday, 2.00 which is big enough for two bodies the speedlight, the 18-50 and the 70-300.

So well worth looking SH. The bag is perfect, just dusty so needed a clean
Emmog 10 38 1 England
8 Apr 2009 6:48PM
Hi there,
Thanks for the responses. I think that I may have to either leave the Bigma at home when it is unlikely that i will need it or shed weight when i do need it. Should I keep looking at the Nova and the Stealth Reporter?
Thanks
Matt
steve_p 14 1.2k England
8 Apr 2009 7:31PM
The Novas you mention would be big enough, The stealth reporters are more money come with such things as removable interior padding and memory card pouches.
I should pop down to your nearest camera shop and have a look.
Personally I would not be tempted by the Slingshot series as they look pretty capacious but when filled are an awkward burden on one shoulder!
Steve
Emmog 10 38 1 England
8 Apr 2009 8:03PM
Hi Steve,
I had a freind who had one and said that it was heavy and uncomfortable and although I might have a look it's unlikely that I would buy one.
Thanks anyway. I will go down to a camera shop soon.
Matt

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.