Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Lumix in Tuscany

Novecento 1 2
13 Jun 2018 4:22PM
Video made with Lumix G80 + DJI Spark:

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
8 8.2k 33 Norway
13 Jun 2018 4:48PM
I think this has been mentioned before, and I know that it is all about personal taste, but there are two main things that spoil your otherwise very good videos for me.
Many of the scenes are far too short, just a couple of seconds. We hardly have time to register what we are seeing before the next scene appears.
A softer transition from scene to scene would also make the videos more pleasant and relaxing to see.

In this video, some of your movement on the ground is not as smooth as it could be.

All meant as constructive critique.

Malc
Philh04 Plus
12 1.7k United Kingdom
13 Jun 2018 5:01PM
I enjoyed it, I no means an expert in this field, but as mentioned the sudden transitions and the short length of the shots give the video a very hectic feel where it is shouting out for tranquil and serene....
Carabosse 15 41.1k 270 England
13 Jun 2018 5:18PM
Some sage advice from video pros is each shot should last at least 6 seconds.

Count "One-elephants-two-elephants-three-elephants-four-elephants-five-elephants-six-elephants" Smile
justin c 14 5.0k 36 England
13 Jun 2018 6:37PM
I quite enjoyed it and I definitely think your video's are getting better and more interesting. The music was quite nice as well and suited the theme of the video.
I agree with the comments above that some of the scenes were a bit too short and abrupt towards the end. I think I've mentioned this before but I believe fast, short clips are often used to portray drama and build up tension in the scene. Not what you really want for your video IMHO. I feel a slower more relaxed pace would work better here. A good rule of thumb that often works is the clip duration should be longer enough to allow the viewer to read the scene and take it in. For instance, a close-up of some colourful shutters, front door, etc could perhaps be a few seconds as there's not a great deal to take in. At the other extreme would be a wide shot of the Tuscany countryside or a wide shot showing the town/city/village. There's more for the viewer to observe and reading the scene would take longer and benefit from a longer clip duration.
Good job though and I bet it was a lot of fun filming it and putting it all together.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.