Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

LumixTZ60

Kool_Kat 15 166 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2015 3:20PM
My kids got me this beauty for Christmas but I must be having a blond moment I cant work out how to set the EV in manual which I wanted for the snow last week can anyone help with simple instructions how to do it and yes I have read the book that came with it thanks Smile
mikehit 12 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2015 4:09PM
if I recall correctly, once you have set the camera to manual mode you use the control dial (the knurled wheel on the back of the camera) to change shutter speed and the control ring (the wheel at the base of the lens) to change aperture.
Rather than set to manual I always prefer to set the camera to aperture prioity (or shutter priority) and use the wheel on the back for exposure (EC) compensation - I think you press the knurled wheel on the back at 12 o'clock to switch to EC mode then spin the wheel to adjust EC
Niknut Plus
11 3.0k 82 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2015 4:23PM
I assume you're referring to +/- Exposure Compensation ??

It isn't applicable in 'Manual Mode' as you're adjusting the exposure manually, once the ISO is
set.......to 200iso for example !.....set the aperture to say f5.6, then adjust the shutter speed
so the Exposure Indicator is showing perhaps -0.5, which may be enough for snow, or even
lower for sun-lit snow, say -1.0........

+/- Exp.Comp. comes into use in Auto Exposure Mode....such as Shutter Priority (SP), or
Aperture Priority (AP), or Programme Mode (P).....where the camera makes the exposure
decision, & the +/-EP preset (by you) allows for the bright snow.......

Hope that explains it for you ????......lets see some pics when you've had a play !!.Grin
5 Jan 2015 7:08PM
That makes more sense thank you
snapbandit 17 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
5 Jan 2015 9:28PM

Quote:
adjust the shutter speed
so the Exposure Indicator is showing perhaps -0.5, which may be enough for snow, or even
lower for sun-lit snow, say -1.0........

been a while since I shot snow, but would it not be correct to overexpose (+0.5/1.5 ish) rather than underexpose, to allow for the meter wanting to achieve 18% grey?
(although I could easily be getting my + & - mixed up!)

Joe B
6 Jan 2015 8:46AM
thanks again every one KSmile
Niknut Plus
11 3.0k 82 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2015 4:47PM
Ooooops !!!......Joe, you're right of course !!!.....got my + & - signs a bit muddled !!.BlushBlushBlushBlush

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.