Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

M6 vs M50: RAW

Hello guys. Hope you're good! Today I was seeing a comparison here in dp review between the M50 and M6 in terms of image's quality. When I see the JPGs in both cameras I can see a better brightness result from the M50, because it has the new DIGIC 8 of Canon. So it has a better automatic procession for the JPGs. But when I check the RAWs in both cameras, I think that they look the very same. Informatively, I know that the M50 has 24,1 MP and M6 has 24,2 MP. Hence when I put side by side the RAWS i think that with M6 I get all the information as with M50.

Also I process the RAW of the M6 in one normal JPG in order to check if all the information stays clear as the RAW of the M50 camera. Follows the processed image:
318271_1528883210.jpg

Also check what the DP Review writes about the M6 and M50 RAW comparison: "At base ISO the EOS M50's Raw image is essentially the same as the EOS M6 and M100 in terms of detail capture and color. When comparing high ISO performance between the M50 and M6 you'll find that there's virtually no difference."

Moreover when I check both RAW images in the DP REVIEW on my own, I think the M6's RAW is a bit more blurry than the M50's RAW. Is it my own optical illusion, because in fact the two cameras have exactly the same characteristics?! (photo below) Only M50 has a better processor (DIGIC 8) - but that's only for a better in-camera's JPG'S procession. The RAW's edit is something that lies on us and we need only the entire information of the image!
318271_1528883461.jpg

So do you think it has nothing to do with the camera and the quality of the image it records, but in the case here (between M6-M50) is of how this particular picture on M6 was taken? I'm asking because I was too amazed with the quality result, because both camera machines have exactly the same characteristics.

Thanks in advance

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.