Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Mac or PC

wasper 13 533 1 Ireland
21 Jan 2007 1:06AM
Apple.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

matg 13 27
22 Jan 2007 9:53PM

Quote:If Macs are so good, Why are they not running the worlds networks or anything else that is system critical.

cameracat so if Macs are not as you correctly point out "running the worlds networks" can you tell me what is?

If you say Windows you are so wrong, I think you will find its Linux and the Mac is built....well you know the rest.
joolsb 14 27.1k 38 Switzerland
22 Jan 2007 10:20PM
Does it matter?
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2007 11:18PM
Vanilla or Raspberry Ripple. That is where the cold debate is currently.
23 Jan 2007 7:18AM

Quote:The lock in aspects put me off too. For example if you want to add an extra internal HD, not possible in Modern MAC's.

Not wishing to get involved but in the interests of correcting inaccurate information, this is not only perfectly possible in modern PowerMacs (and it's Mac, not MAC) it's also laughably easy. My G5 (admittedly a couple of years old now) has two internal HDs and is maxed out. More recent PowerMacs can take more.
23 Jan 2007 8:39AM

Quote:it's also laughably easy.

Not according to the latest tear down report I read on an iMAC. Older machines like the G5 I agree with you.

but who cares spend your money as you wish.
23 Jan 2007 10:15AM
The iMac is a consumer machine - not a tool for power users. If you look at the latest MacPros you will find that up to four internal disks can be housed in easily-swapped pull-out sleds.
23 Jan 2007 10:37AM
But would most users not buy a consumer machine?
23 Jan 2007 10:53AM
Would 'most users' be looking to add a second internal drive? The easiest solution is an external one and that's what the majority go for.

Besides, your original comment didn't differentiate between pro/consumer machines - which is why I felt I had to correct it....
mdpontin 15 6.0k Scotland
23 Jan 2007 1:52PM

Quote:Not according to the latest tear down report I read on an iMAC. Older machines like the G5 I agree with you.

And also in the interests of clearing up apparent confusion, the 'G5' designator refers to the version of the PowerPC processor which was used in that machine. So there were G5 XServes, G5 PowerMacs, and G5 iMacs. Your "latest tear down report" presumably applies to the current Intel iMac - which happens to be very similar in many respects the the G5 iMac (which I happen to own). So describing a G5 as older than an iMac makes no sense.

But anyway, as joolsb says, if you're the kind of user who needs to be upgrading internal hardware, the PowerMac (or now, Mac Pro) are for you. The iMac isn't targeted at the same market.

I'll refrain from comment on the MAC thing. Wink

Doug
stevekhart 13 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2007 2:10PM
What a load of macintosh.
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Jan 2007 10:02PM

Quote:If you say Windows you are so wrong, I think you will find its Linux and the Mac is built....well you know the rest.

What a load of misinformed, Gibberish just what you'd expect from another brainwashed MAC Clone.

The subject of what System is any better than any other always amuses, it seem to draw out of the woodwork the old cliche's daft and very out of date views, And the men from the Ministry of Misinformation, as well as those with a degree in the Bloody obvious.

You'll never get through to those who are stupid enough to stand outside a shop, and clap & cheer just because a computer company has opened up another store, While the rest of us just get on an do some work, because we just don't care less what the box has written on the front or the side, Just as long as it does what we ask, We don't care if it's see through Pink or Violet and comes in an Acrylic box, We really don't give a monkey's, We have a job of work to do and that is that.

Here is a quote I had recently from a MAC brained idiot, He informed me that Win XP was a pile of Pooh, Because of it's reliance on DOS.

I'm not going to bother to answer that one.
KathyW 16 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
23 Jan 2007 10:29PM
You'd better take your tablets now...
User_Removed 14 4.9k England
23 Jan 2007 11:21PM
No very PC... lol [;-D
Ma.........er Col

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.