Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Maco IR 820 Infrared Film

AlanEdwards 15 11
12 Mar 2002 7:38PM
Does anyone have any experience of using this film? 120 format.
Having just purchased my first batch, I would welcome advise on ISO with Hoya red filters, suitable developer and dev. times.
I have the Maco technical sheet but personal experiences would help.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

J-P 13 396
12 Mar 2002 8:53PM
I've just got some too (35mm). I use a deep red (Jessops) filter and rate it at 50 ASA. Dev times are 8mins in ID-11 or D-76 at 20 C. I bracket +/- 5 stops with IR should I should get some OK results, but I haven't got any negs back so I can't vouch for this. Maco's technical dept. will give you a very quick reply - info@mahn.net, they replied within the hour to my dev. time enquiry. If you do get any info. on ASA rating with different filter's I'd like to know as I was about to get an 87. I should have negs back by early next week. Incidentally, how do you load 120 in total darkness ?
AlanEdwards 15 11
15 Mar 2002 6:23PM
With difficulty. Spent ages fiddling about in a changing bag before I managed it.
Will probably develope it in DixActol
J-P 13 396
25 Mar 2002 5:14PM
Got my first results - it's not a true IR film like Kodak High speed. In fact it seems more panchromatic than even SFX. Perhaps it might be different with an 87 on. With Kodak I meter without the filter and then ignore the reading with the filter on; do that with this stuff and you'll be three stops under
AlanEdwards 15 11
3 Apr 2002 6:40PM
Developed my first test film in Dixactol. Results look OK apart from the frames deliberately exposed at 1 stop under.

11 minutes using the partial stand technique. Look forward to printing them in due course.

Hoya 25 Red filter used. Will try a Lee 87 next time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.