Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

macOS mohave and magenta casts on prints

glengary 13 19
6 Jun 2019 2:45PM
Going completely round the bend.No matter what I do to my settings in Lightroom and PS all my prints come out with a cast.I have in contact with Epson and installed the latest driver for my p600. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?Thanks Gary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
6 Jun 2019 3:38PM
It is vital to know whether you were achieving neutral prints recently then it suddenly changed or have you never been able to produce neutral prints? If there has been a sudden change did another change concerned with your computer, printer or camera occur at around that time? Do the images look neutral when displayed on LR and PS? I assume that you are using the correct Epson inks. What paper and icc profile are you using? That will do for a start!

Dave
glengary 13 19
6 Jun 2019 6:17PM
Thanks Dave.I used photoshop cs5 before upgrading my computer in 2017.LIghtroom and spcc are downloaded.Up until absit 3 weeks ago I had no problems with my prints.I have read that macOS upgrades may play a part in this ,but despite searching websites I cannot find an answer, unless it is to ditch my Apple,or ditch my printer.
Gary
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
6 Jun 2019 6:56PM
I am sure your computer, printer and software are capable of accurate reliable colours. I do not have a MAC so cannot specifically advise on that. One thing you must avoid is double colour management which can produce a magenta cast. So when printing colour, you must turn off the colour in the printer driver and let LR/PS colour manage. If printing B&W with the P600, you should select the special B&W feature but then tell LR/PS to let the printer manage the colours and thus get perfect neutral greys.

I did have a problem when I first bought my P600 as I used the generic profiles supplied by the paper supplier (not Epson) which were clearly wrong. To be fair, they then supplied me with bespoke profiles which were good.

At this time my camera club uses only Windows and are considering buying a 4th Laptop. A member has suggested that we buy a MAC. We do have some reservations about colour management and we have few MAC users but some of our visiting speakers bring MACs. The visiting Laptop cannot be properly calibrated for our projector so we usually try to persuade them to bring a memory stick and use our Windows Laptop. Of those who insist in sticking with their MAC, many are OK but some are a disaster. If we had our own calibrated MAC, we might be able to avoid these occasional problems.

Dave
Railcam 13 771 2 Scotland
6 Jun 2019 7:01PM
Can we take it that your monitor is calibrated so you know that the image is correct to start with?
glengary 13 19
7 Jun 2019 3:05PM
Thanks. I am awaiting some fresh inks and glossy 6X4 epson paper.I will give that a try.My Mac is calibrated through Xrite Spyder
Gary

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.