Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Macro

whiteswan01 13 13 England
1 May 2008 11:00PM
I just brought a macro lenses any tips most of time i get alot of fussy photos i have a olympus e410
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
1 May 2008 11:11PM
fussy or fuzzy ?

Use a narrow aperture and a tripod?
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
1 May 2008 11:12PM
Fussy photos?
Not sure I know what you mean by that Dawn.

A macro lens tends to have a very shallow depth of field, so if you use it at a large aperture (small f number) things in front of and behind the focus point will be blurred.

You can test this by taking a photo of a ruler from one end and you will see the effect clearly.

Remember to use a tripod and remote shutter release when using the macro lens to eliminate camera shake.

HTH
Boyd 18 11.2k 11 Wales
1 May 2008 11:16PM
Do you mean all the fuss people are making about your photos that you're posting into the gallery?
I can see what you mean, there's loads of them but I don't reckon it's fair to blame your lens.
whiteswan01 13 13 England
1 May 2008 11:16PM
fuzzy all over am i getting to close just dont know how far or near i can get it a 35mm macro lense thank you both Dawn
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
1 May 2008 11:24PM
Hi Dawn.
Well you can get as far away as you want, but if you get too close you may find that you can't manage to get a sharp image.
If that happens move away a little and try again.
Is the lens an Olympus lens?
If so you may be able to find the minimum focus distance from the Olympus web site.

Remember also that if you are taking shots of things like flowers outside, they may move around in the breeze and become blurred.

You may find this Article in the Techniques section by our very own Peter Bargh useful.
Paul Morgan 20 19.5k 6 England
1 May 2008 11:58PM
Dawn the closest you can get to the subject with that lens is just over 14 cm`s, thats not from the end of the lens but the film plane symbol on the body.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.