Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Macro Photo Albums?

Perry_95 6 59 1 Wales
5 Apr 2011 9:04PM
Hey i am an amatuer photographer but i just love insect macro photography, could anybody point me towards a good macro book, now i am not looking for a book which teaches you about macro photography because i beleive all that information is on the Web, i just want to marvell at some stunning insect macro shots, of course it's not to say it mustnt contain a single word of macro photography, a simple word of advice on how they acheived the affect could be good, but i certainly dont want paragraph after paragraph of instructions and small images Smile thanks for any help Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa Plus
6 783 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2011 9:17AM
How about this?
https://www.ephotozine.com/gallery/filter/close-up---macro-4747

Should show you all the macro photos on the site Smile (plus it's free)
Overread 8 4.1k 19 England
6 Apr 2011 4:33PM
No Cropping Zone

Give Dalentech's blog a look - a great source of info and pics and somewhere in there he mentions that he's had a book published with insect pics
Perry_95 6 59 1 Wales
6 Apr 2011 6:28PM
I did have a look at the macros on this site but it is flooded with macro shots that im not looking for, i want a book that focuses on insects but the shots in the macro filter on this site has things such as flowers and jewellry and also a few things which arent macro at all. The advantage of buying a book is that you can (most of the time) rely on all the shots being of a good standard and can (hopefully) find one which focuses on what i want.
Perry_95 6 59 1 Wales
6 Apr 2011 6:33PM
Dalentech's blog contains exactly the type of images that i would love to see in a book and is full of nice tips and information, wouldnt mind it was an array of insects either
Hi James

I first got into photography through my love of insects. They were my favourite photo subjects.

Whilst not JUST about insects, this is a very good book (I was asked to review it for a magazine some years ago and liked it so much, I even bought it Smile)

Hope it helps
justin c 12 4.8k 36 England
6 Apr 2011 8:55PM
I'll second Barry's recomendation. It's one of the best books on the subject.

Another good one is THIS ONE
StrayCat Plus
12 17.7k 3 Canada
6 Apr 2011 9:12PM
I'll second John Shaw's book, it's a complete guide.
Perry_95 6 59 1 Wales
9 Apr 2011 8:32PM
Problem being im looking for more of a display of skill rather than a lesson :/ this is the problem, most books are designed to teach people how to do it, but i am skilled enough in the internet to find out those sorts of information, however would love an album!! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.