Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Making a Windows Screensaver

User_Removed 9 4.6k 1 Scotland
30 Dec 2010 2:32PM
I took a dozen of my Scottish landscape photographs and made a 2011 Calendar on Lulu.com to hand out to friends when visiting over the Christmas and New Year period.

Now one of the recipients has asked if the 12 photos can be made into a Windows screensaver.

Anyone know if this is possible and, if so, how?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
30 Dec 2010 2:46PM
The easiest was is if you supply them with screen resolution pictures and ask them to add them in a folder on their computer and then they can access them via the Display Properties menu

In XP it's a right click on the desktop and select properties. Click on the ScreenSaver tab and change the screen saver to "My Picture Slideshow"

slideshow.jpg

Then click on settings and locate the folder with the set of pics and adjust the settings to suit.

slideshow2.jpg

User_Removed 9 4.6k 1 Scotland
30 Dec 2010 2:51PM
Brilliant Pete.

Many thanks.
User_Removed 15 17.9k 8 Norway
30 Dec 2010 3:05PM
You can also download Google's screen saver software, install that and point it at the relevant folder of pics - works like a dream.
tomcat 14 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 3:18PM
ACD gives you the option that the images saved in My Pictures can be used as a screen saver + any individual one can be set as your wallpaper

Adrian
chalkhillblue 10 164 2 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 3:30PM
Those using Photoshop Elements can right click on an image in their organiser and select set as desktop wallpaper.
David
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
30 Dec 2010 8:45PM

Quote:Those using Photoshop Elements

Nice one David, But you can do that with " Any " compatible image format ( JPG or BMP ) from any folder on any drive on your computer via " Windows Picture Viewer " ....Grin

That facility has been around at least as long as Windows XP through to Windows 7......Smile

Same applies to the " My Pictures Screensaver " option......!!!

That said if you wanted a completely custom screensaver, You could look out for a piece of software called " Fandango " ( I kid you not ) ....Grin

I have not used Fandango for a few years, But it might still be around......Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.