Save 40% On inPixio Photo Studio 12 - Now 29.99

Manchester

ginz04 18 281 20 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2011 6:10PM
thanks guys im going to be busy.
boony 15 978 3 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2011 10:33AM
youve set your self a bit of a task here.....some great suggestions for obvious stuff already been made add the city centre peregrines maybe? There is lots of hidden stuff as well, the river medlock is a true city centre river bursting with photo ops (if you can climb), mobile soup kitchens @ picadilly, midland hotel is an awesome building. It`s a bit late on now but in mid summer at 5 AM the place is like a ghost town and around this time of year if youre lucky the sun rises slap bang down the middle of deansgate at the right time of day.....
7 Sep 2011 5:56PM
thanks boony - looks like im going to be doing this over a few months - im going to be doing a photobook which has 100 pages maximum so i may have to do 2 volumes.

ian
loweskid 20 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2011 5:21PM

Quote:Coronation Street ... I believe you can go and visit the TV studios where the programme is made.

It closed to the public in 1999.....Grin

Don't forget the Metrolink trams - a Manchester icon if ever there was one.
8 Sep 2011 6:21PM
thank you both appreciated
MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
8 Sep 2011 6:44PM

Quote:I'm going to be doing a photobook which has 100 pages maximum so i may have to do 2 volumes.

ian

I'd suggest that getting 100 absolutely OUTSTANDING images to be worth putting in a book is far, far harder than you currently think. Publish only the VERY best of your images and publish one small, superb book not two - big - mediocre ones..........

Just sayin'

Wink
8 Sep 2011 7:36PM
hi - i am going to find it difficult to cut it down to 100 pages as I am intending to do a spiel about each photograph and to divide up into sections - buildings, sport, music, people etc - but I will see after 2 - 3 months and see what ive got - im aiming to start this weekend im getting quite excited about it. Ive been given a lot of ideas from this forum.

I agree I will need to be very selective as i have done several books in past few years and have generally found one picture i should not have put in because it was sub standard.

thanks for your views

ian
stevie 18 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
8 Sep 2011 8:54PM
How about some panoramic views of the city? Great view from the Scout Road just above Bolton, a long lens takes in the whole of Manchester city centre and looks great at dawn with the sun rising from the South West. (PM me if you want to go & need directions)
MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
8 Sep 2011 9:09PM

Quote: i have done several books in past few years and have generally found one picture i should not have put in because it was sub standard.

thanks for your views

ian

Hence the need for the job of 'picture editor' for publications. Photographers are rarely the best judge of their pictures Smile
9 Sep 2011 10:45PM
thanks guys - i will take a look at suggestions Stevie i have a mate who lives in Bolton he will probably know where scout rd is - thanks for idea.

ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.