Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Manufacture Galleries

hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
9 Jun 2006 3:56AM
I've just noticed this feature at the top right of the readers gallery, has this just been added or am I just blind and it's been about for a while?
9 Jun 2006 3:58AM
Its been there a few days.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
9 Jun 2006 4:09AM
Is it optional if your pictures are shown in it?
conrad 16 10.9k 116
9 Jun 2006 4:18AM
It's automatic - if you fill in the fields with the details before uploading a pic.

C.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
9 Jun 2006 4:22AM
If a Canon one comes along I might stop posting the camera details then. Just a personal thing, not to keen on my pictures being directly linked into advertising with out being asked.
conrad 16 10.9k 116
9 Jun 2006 4:26AM
The regular gallery also has advertising. What's the difference?

C.
tomcupr 14 346
9 Jun 2006 4:31AM

Quote:Just a personal thing, not to keen on my pictures being directly linked into advertising with out being asked

You wouldn't have this site without advertising as majority of users use it for free...
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
9 Jun 2006 4:31AM
It's not directly linked into the image in the regular gallery.
conrad 16 10.9k 116
9 Jun 2006 4:35AM
It is almost the same, though - both galleries have advertising, only the advertising in the manufacturer's gallery is specifically directed at those interested in the results captured by their products, whereas the advertising in the regular gallery is not specifically about one brand, but may vary.

I don't see the problem.

C.
hobbs Plus
16 1.3k Japan
9 Jun 2006 4:39AM
Tom I understand that and contribute to the site myself with E2 membership. It's more the point that this advertising is directly linked into the images. As in look at what great images you can get with this brand of camera, effectivly people are associating the image with the brand.

As I said this is a personal point of view and not everyone will agree with me, but then again if they did I'd be Prime Minister. Well if at least 50% did.
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
9 Jun 2006 4:47AM
If we do ever have a Canon Gallery we could set it up so your pics didn't show up Nicholas.
tj Plus
17 2.1k England
9 Jun 2006 4:48AM
This was a feature added to help people see images taken with various products, in this instance Olympus and Ilford. More will follow. Your pictures still appear in the reader gallery. These extra manufacturer galleries are simply a showcase, for which I thought people would be interested. I'm sorry you feel that way.
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2006 4:51AM
Will their be a canon gallery tj?.
tj Plus
17 2.1k England
9 Jun 2006 4:52AM
Unsure yet - do you all object to a Canon gallery?
deviant 16 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2006 4:53AM
Does some one want to explain the difference between advertising and a SQL query to hobbs? ;o)

I for one don't mind what the site does to make money short of selling pictures of mine without giving me an 10 EC's ;o)

ePz's a community, I get a lot from it, whats wrong with the site taking steps to make money and pay peoples wages like will, TJ and whathis name the boss.

Think on this, do you know what the average web developers annual expenses are for coffee alone!?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.