Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Mark 2 ouch!!

MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
21 Jul 2011 11:41PM
...Never liked the idea of CF cards...100 tiny pins to fit 100 tiny holes....asking for trouble...thought they'd abandoned 'em.
User_Removed 16 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Jul 2011 11:53PM
CB is right, you go to the person who sold the faulty goods, your contract is with them. They have a contract with a wholesaler or a manufacturer which you aren't party to.

Under the Sale of Goods Act it's Tesco's responsibility, they can ask the manufacturer to solve the problem for you but if that isn't satisfactory and you ended up taking legal action it would be Tesco who you took the action against.

Gary I wonder if LCE would be good enough to give you a report to say that they believe the card reader damaged the card and therefore the camera it came out of. That may be enough to sway Tesco to pay. It's up to Tesco then if they take it up with who they bought the card readers from.

Google the Sale of Goods Act
cambirder 16 7.2k England
22 Jul 2011 12:00AM
I also don't see how this could happen, and I also don't understand how anyone could come to the conclusion that this had actually happened. as it would be just about be impossible to prove.
glengary 14 19
22 Jul 2011 11:27AM
Hi all,
Thanks for your comments.The compact flash card is a Lexar supreme 4 GB.It always was a tight fit .My old Dell laptop has an express card reader fitted,whereas my new Packard Bell has only a single. SD socket,hence the need for a card reader.I am grateful for all your suggestions.
When (?) I get my camera back, I will ask for a report and take up the issue with Tesco and Lexar.I have4 been a Canon user for many years,and have never experienced this sort of problem before.
The card reader has a bent pin,but interestingly,not an outside one,so how it became bent is problematical.
I will keep you informed.
Thanks a lot,
Gary.
Icee 12 11 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2011 4:06PM
I was wondering what the out come of this was.
Canonshots 10 203 13 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2011 8:34AM
Was the reader paid for with a credit card? If so then the credit card issuer may ahve some liability, and in my experiemce they are pretty good at sorting out issues like this.
66tricky 13 742 Scotland
12 Nov 2011 4:44PM

Quote:Was the reader paid for with a credit card? If so then the credit card issuer may ahve some liability, and in my experiemce they are pretty good at sorting out issues like this.

Only if it was the world's most expensive card reader i.e. > 100, surely.
Canonshots 10 203 13 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2011 8:38AM

Quote: Only if it was the world's most expensive card reader i.e. > 100, surely.

Quite so - that's why I said "may have" rather than "has".
colo43 8 3 United States
24 Dec 2011 4:57PM
It sounds like damaged pins from inserting to roughly or the incorrect way into one or the other.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.