Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Meike Ring Flash

tragopan 4 3
19 Mar 2011 8:00PM
I would love to get a Canon ring flash for macro - mainly flowers...but the price is definitely holding me back!! I have seen Meike Ring Flash advertised for about 45.00 - has anyone tried one or heard any reports of them - would I just be wishing I had saved the 45.00 towards the Canon version!
Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell 4 1.1k 5 England
19 Mar 2011 8:23PM
I would be very interested in hearing about these as well. To be honest though, there isn't much in the way of positive reviews about them on the net!
PhotoMorph 7 12 1 United Kingdom
19 Mar 2011 10:41PM
I too am thinking of buying one of these for my macro work they only have a small guide number of 15 which i beleive is about the same as the pop up flashes on DSLR's but for my macro stuff surely this would be enough, and i've got them down to 35.99 in the UK
tragopan 4 3
20 Mar 2011 6:21PM
Yes, I would have thought for flowers, which is mainly what I would use it for, it should give enough light. Perhaps you could let me know where you found it for 35?? At least it would give me an idea whow a ring flash would help, rather than fork out for the Canon and find I don't really use it!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.