Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Member of the week - ade_mcfade - Week 2 - 1st Dec-8th Dec 2010

Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
7 Dec 2010 2:27PM
Ade - I just got Costco membership. What are the best bargains at Costco ?
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
7 Dec 2010 10:02PM
Deleriously happy with the test "match" result Wink

I've been fooked all week cause of listening to it through the night... drifting in and out of street.

Quote:Ade - I just got Costco membership. What are the best bargains at Costco ?

ooh where do I start...

things like pitta breads are a complete steal, 36 large ones for about 2

All the baked things are cheap, I've got 9 Pain Chocolat to get though this week!

Milk is cheap

they have huge black puddings for about 1:80, cut them into discs and freeze them for those fry ups.

their bacon's about 7 for 2.4 Kg - bargain

the temptation is to buy lots of sweets... they are pretty cheap.

ummmm - some of the clothes are ok too actaully, though maybe not in our size Wink I got a decent warm jumper there

I think the electrical stuff is ok if you're able to claim VAT back, but otherwise not cheap.

You can get a kilo of lovely stilton for about 7.50 - and it is really nice.

Tea - get a years worth of tea in one go. I got the extra strong tetley and love it.

Meat - this is the best bit, they do ages aberdeen angus steaks - you'd get 3 big rump steaks for about 10-15, they also have sirloin and fillet of course, but the fillet comes in packs of 25-40. they do nice ribeye too.

Herbs - you can get huge tubs of those and bulk tubs of Oxo cubes if needed

Oh - the fruit and veg fridges, they're good, though always come in too big portions for me to buy - they'd go off before 1 person could munch through them

The problem is storage space - you come back with 1/2 a car full of stuff, and it needs to go somewhere!

I call into costco a lot...
7 Dec 2010 10:56PM
Cheers. Have to go back tomorrow. I have a very large freezer. OK, it's my shed.
8 Dec 2010 9:32AM
the booze isn't that cheap - 16 bottles of Badger beer for 20 is about the best though, I often purchase that little beauty Wink
8 Dec 2010 11:47AM
I got a couple of 12 packs of Leffe for 11.something
8 Dec 2010 2:21PM
yeah - they are good value too actually, though was that before VAT?
8 Dec 2010 3:45PM
Nope. About 9.60 before VAT
8 Dec 2010 10:50PM
ahhhhh - I can see Leffe shaped Xmas presents for me bro and dad then Wink

Anyway - my week is up

time to pass the baton to the next member of the week..... whoever that may be. Been fun, if a little quiet the latter part of the week

If you want to know anything photographic, I'm available for 1-2-1 sessions at very reasonable rates Wink My house depends on it!
andmolliethedog 15 120 11 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2010 10:37AM
Just to say very good luck setting up on your own...takes a lot of bottle shall we say at the very least.
What area are you going to go for...or general photography work you can pick up?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.