Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Member of the Week - Lobsterboy 10 April - 17 April

lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2011 6:23PM
Well I think it must be my turn for this.
I thought there was someone else before me but looking at the schedule it seems to be my turn.

So ask away and I will try to answer.
Chris
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
10 Apr 2011 6:27PM
Why do you call yourself lobsterboy?
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
10 Apr 2011 6:33PM
(Great question Cole!! I've always wanted to ask Wink)
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 6:46PM

Quote:Why do you call yourself lobsterboy?

It's a damn fine question and I'm not really sure of the answer to be honest.
Its either something to do with me going bright red in the sun or when I was asked if I had crabs - I answered "no its worse than that its Lobsters".

Anyway where I was working at the time I got known as lobster.. I chose boy to put on the end to make it long enough for some site or other and to represent my youthful good looks Smile
10 Apr 2011 7:31PM

Quote:and to represent my youthful good looks

That works!!

Wink

So.. what got you into photography Chris. It's well noted that you are full-time professional...

What happened?
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
10 Apr 2011 7:37PM
I thought your username was a carryover from your WWF pro wrestling days.Smile
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 7:49PM

Quote:It's well noted that you are full-time professional...

I'm not sure where it s noted...but its really rather wrong wherever it is Smile

Quote:So.. what got you into photography Chris. What happened?

I have always been interested in the great outdoors: the Lake District and The Yorkshire Dales are really my spiritual home. So I have always loved walking and mountain biking through both of these activities I discovered Geocaching and got really involved in it for a few years when it was a new and underground activity.

One birthday I got a small point and shoot fuji digital camera as a present and I ws soon using it to record geocache locations. I was blown away with the quality it produced, straight away the shots were better than anything I had ever produced when messing about with film cameras. Plus being digital I understood what was going on - 1s & 0s seem much more natural to me than chemistry.

Gradually the photography overtook the geocaching till it became a bit of an obsession.
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 7:50PM

Quote:I thought your username was a carryover from your WWF pro wrestling days.Smile

I thought I told you NEVER to mention that Denny.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
10 Apr 2011 7:52PM
Oops! It just slipped out.Wink
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 7:55PM
Your forgiven this time Denny - O expect I would have to own up when I start putting my leotards up for sale in the classified section anyway,
10 Apr 2011 7:58PM

Quote:I'm not sure where it s noted...but its really rather wrong wherever it is

There ya go! I'm wrong - again!! Wink

Grin
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
10 Apr 2011 8:37PM
You've been a mod for quite a while now - what is the highlight and the downside of that role on the site?
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 9:14PM

Quote:You've been a mod for quite a while now - what is the highlight and the downside of that role on the site?

Hmmm,

now that is a tricky question.

Downsides - are really too many to mention as a fair bit of personal abuse comes with the job. But I suppose the biggest downside of this is the impoverished nature of just reading text & typing..it is so easy to be misunderstood or to misunderstand its quite saddening.

Highlights - I suppose there arn't that many but I really love it when you get a thread full of real Epz humour, or even a thread on a controversial topic which goes on for pages and people manage to just argue the subject without resorting to abusing each other. Sometimes I am proud of you all for behaving so well Smile
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
10 Apr 2011 9:22PM

Quote:now that is a tricky question.

I do my best Wink

I know a few former mods quite well, and know a few of the "games" you play Wink Thought you may mention those lol

my lips are sealed Wink

err... one I've asked others...

a complete newby has 1 afternoon with you to learn what "you" feel is the most important fundamentals of photography - which 5 things do you show him/her?
lobsterboy Plus
10 Apr 2011 9:41PM

Quote:I know a few former mods quite well, and know a few of the "games" you play Wink Thought you may mention those lol

Ahh - now you have made it sound worse than it is!

By way of explanation: From time to time you see someone has created a post and deleted it, obviously as mods we can still read it.
So you will see from time to time you will see a deleted post of: "Are you f**ing stupid or what" followed by a slightly better worded explanation a few seconds later.

Quote:
a complete newby has 1 afternoon with you to learn what "you" feel is the most important fundamentals of photography - which 5 things do you show him/her?

let me have a think about that one.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.