Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (IE7Beta2) Download

chrisrudland 17 156 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2006 6:52AM
Just downloaded the new IE7 from Micro$oft, has some really nice features and looks more like FireFox now.

It has RSS Feeds for news & blogs, pop up filter, philshing filter, tabbed browsing for additional websites instead of opening new windows.. and more.

I have installed it and it works really well and IMHO looks much better.

The link is here if you fancy installing it IE7B2
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
4 Feb 2006 6:57AM
I'll wait til they get the usual MS bugs out! Wink
lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2006 7:09AM
Looks pretty similar to Firefox don't it Smile

Yet again MS show why they are so big, other companies take the view that their products are great and people should come to them because they have built a better mouse trap. MS seem to be virtually egoless about the products they produce and if someone comes up with a better idea they just borrow it.

I recon it will be pretty solid when it comes out as MS are losing Market share to Firefox and they won't want to give FF more chance by releasing something flakey.

Having said that it will be a long time before I give up Firefox.
Chris
4 Feb 2006 7:17AM
I've never used Firefox or any of the other 'cottage industry' browsers. Wink

I did use Netscape many years ago in preference to IE but once I switched to IE there was no going back. IE7 looks like a significant change, and improvement, to IE6. I will definitely download it once the bugs are out!
4 Feb 2006 7:24AM
CB

There are no bugs in this one!! they got it perfect on their first attempt! I feel my nose growing....Smile)

Seriously though I am rampaging through it trying everything as I had the first beta of this before and I think they have cracked it, I to have FireFox on some PC's at work and this is definitely as fast now..

Chris
4 Feb 2006 7:31AM
Well let us know the outcome of your "destruction testing" Chris.

If there are truly no apparent bugs I'll download and give it a try myself.
AlanTW 18 353
4 Feb 2006 7:32AM
Excellent news - gives the hackers and other low lives something to concentrate on and will keep them away from Firefox!

Alan
cambirder 17 7.2k England
4 Feb 2006 7:39AM
I note MS have decided that this is only going to be available for XP users. If I was a cynic I would think that's been done to push more of us to upgrade.

Thanks Mr Gates but I'll stick to 2000 & Firefox.
4 Feb 2006 8:00AM
Cambirder,

At the beginning of July, Microsoft moved Windows 2000 to its extended support phase as part of the company's life-cycle plan. (In English, no further updates are planned after SP4) oops!

All the changes made to Windows 2003 with SP1, which still exist in windows 2000 Standard and Pro have been left as Microsoft won't back-port them to Windows 2000.

You may find Windows 2000 will never get fixed after 4 Service Packs and Microsoft have moved onto their next project, surprise surprise :-((

Chris
6 Feb 2006 1:03AM
So has anyone else downloaded this and using it like me?

Its really good Smile)
ejtumman 17 2.8k England
6 Feb 2006 1:12AM
I've been using it for a few weeks now..... It doesn't crash like Firefox used to....

Emma ;o)
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2006 1:29AM
It won't do anything to halt the rise in Firefox popularity unless they have also adopted the philosophy of extensions which are used to add functionality to Firefox. I love my weather bar. :0)
6 Feb 2006 1:47AM
Ian,

They are called Add On's in IE and yes you have a manager to control them add/remove etc.

Chris

Still no bugs...

So it's just you and me then Emma.
ejtumman 17 2.8k England
6 Feb 2006 2:15AM
Chris... do you know off the top of your head the e-mail address you add to messenger so you can talk with Encarta?

I was told it last night but I've forgotten it.... :-S

Emma
6 Feb 2006 2:21AM
Emma,

My sources tell me it's: encarta@conversagent.com

It will look up the answer in Encarta and return the result to you. Although I do not use msn.

Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.