Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Midlands

Dee_licious1 15 23 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2006 7:56AM
Hi everyone,

Chris (Sooty 36) and I are wondering what (if anything) gets organised here in the Midlands? We are both in the learning what our camera's can do stage of photography and very eager to learn more. We enjoy trips out (even early mornings), and other than portrait photography we are happy to try our hand at anything (as you will see from our portfolio's).

Any suggestions on new places for us to visit, or meeting up for a few hours or a day shooting?

Regards to you all,

Dee
Dee_licious1
Simon_Whitehouse 16 769 5 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2006 8:39AM
See the "Worcestershire Wildlife Meet" forum thread. And yeah I know it aint the midlands but it's close.

Smithy
14 Jun 2006 9:10AM
Thanks Smithy,

Dee
peter shilton 16 1.1k England
14 Jun 2006 11:26AM
I live between Coventry and Solihull and am up for doing something different, if anything transpires from this topic!
14 Jun 2006 11:44AM
Hi Peter,

is early days at the moment but it would be great for a group, even a small one, just to get together for a chill out meeting and some happy snapping. Chris and I are open to idea's of where to go from anyone who is interested, no matter what level of photographer they are or what type of equipment they have.

Dee n Chris
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2006 11:56AM

Quote:just to get together for a chill out meeting and some happy snapping.

As you live in the Midlands suggest somewhere.
14 Jun 2006 12:11PM
From where Chris and I are in Rugby we have many options, Cotswolds, Malverns, Rutland Water, Safari Parks, Zoo's even the southern Peak District is within reach for us.

The best way is to see who is interested and where they are based before making a group decission.

Dee n Chris
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2006 12:16PM
the southern Peak District

for me...
rodp 15 1.2k England
14 Jun 2006 12:17PM
Hi Dee, I was going to arrange something in the black country that quite a few folk were interested in but it seems my whole life has gone a little pete tong just lately ( 19 yr old son, fight, lawyers etc) so I had to put it on hold. By all means take it over.
black country
if the link doesn't work look up black country about 5 pages back in meetings
rod.

I'll try and come if you arrange something Smile
dark_lord Plus
16 2.7k 738 England
14 Jun 2006 10:17PM
You can count me in too. Dependent on dates and times and other commitments. The BCM often has themed weekends, so maybe one of those would be good, although they are usually very popular (i.e. could be vry busy).
saburo 14 7
14 Jun 2006 10:36PM
I live in the Midlands, near Henley In Arden. It would be great to take part in a meet. Cotswolds, Malverns southern Peak District all sound good locations.

Mike
Martin54 Plus
14 546 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2006 11:56PM
I'm on the eastern edge of the Midlands (Market Harborough) and would definitely be interested in a get together. The southern Peak District sounds good (Dovedale?), Rutland water is very close, or how about Statford on Avon? Twycross Zoo would also be an option, but I couldn't get away with going there without taking the family too! (we'll probably be going in the summer anyway)

Coincidentally I was born in Rugby and still work there.

Martin
whipspeed 16 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2006 12:23AM
I'm in Wellingborough, so could be interested in some meets, depending on time & family committments!

Hannah & I are at the Peterborough Show this weekend.
Westers 16 3.9k 1 Burkina Faso
15 Jun 2006 12:31AM
I'm in Nottingham so depends where it's going to be.
Sabreur 15 767 England
15 Jun 2006 12:36AM
Also based in Nottingham, so again depends on location.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.